• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Online Assesment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FastTrax

anyone got back result of the online test for Bletchley? do they wait for all applicants to do the test before sending out the result? i know its too early but getting nervous hihi

anyone got back result of the online test for Bletchley? do they wait for all applicants to do the test before sending out the result? i know its too early but getting nervous hihi

Try your best not to be nervous, they’ll let you know if you passed or not regardless, the SJT results should arrive pretty quickly, the overall selection process however, could take a very long, even years, before you reach the end goal.

Eventually you’ll likely forget about it until you one day get an email letting you know the next stage is here.
Best thing to do is go out there and live life, don’t put all your eggs in one basket, because truthfully, you can never know the outcome.

FastTrax

Try your best not to be nervous, they’ll let you know if you passed or not regardless, the SJT results should arrive pretty quickly, the overall selection process however, could take a very long, even years, before you reach the end goal.

Eventually you’ll likely forget about it until you one day get an email letting you know the next stage is here.
Best thing to do is go out there and live life, don’t put all your eggs in one basket, because truthfully, you can never know the outcome.
thanks

since one can't apply to two train operators at the same time but then what happens if you are either in a talent pool and waiting for sometime or waiting for test and other results for a long time, can you then apply to a different train operator trainee job?
thanks

PickleTree

thanks

since one can't apply to two train operators at the same time but then what happens if you are either in a talent pool and waiting for sometime or waiting for test and other results for a long time, can you then apply to a different train operator trainee job?
thanks

I originally applied for Freightliner, completed all of the tests and MMI for them and awaiting DMI with FL. Since then I have applied for SWR and they put me straight through to DMI as I have passed all the tests already. Again I am not waiting for a DMI date with SWR so I have two active applications in with two different operators.

FastTrax

I originally applied for Freightliner, completed all of the tests and MMI for them and awaiting DMI with FL. Since then I have applied for SWR and they put me straight through to DMI as I have passed all the tests already. Again I am not waiting for a DMI date with SWR so I have two active applications in with two different operators.
many thanks for the quick reply.... wow so if i understand it correctly the tests and stuff you have passed for one TOC is accepted by other and you don't need to redo it and you can pick up the application from where you left it at the previous TOC ...? if thats the case then its a good news. good to know. thanks again

PickleTree

many thanks for the quick reply.... wow so if i understand it correctly the tests and stuff you have passed for one TOC is accepted by other and you don't need to redo it and you can pick up the application from where you left it at the previous TOC ...? if thats the case then its a good news. good to know. thanks again
Generally yes that seems to be the case some will do their own tests and all of them will do their own DMI.

Stigy

Established Member
Indeed. I did the same as @PickleTree with Freightliner, and had previous passes with SWT of 3.5 years previously. When I applied to GWR I was progressed straight to DMI. I had a DMI with Freightliner but wasn’t offered a job. I’m pleased now to be honest as I would have preferred passenger work anyway.

Tezza32

On Moderation
Yeah I did I've just had a email to say I didn't pass the sjt this time oh well never mind not meant to be I guess

Indiemoz

Hey all.

Just joined. Applied for Bletchley (WMT). Just wanted to get a vague timeframe as to how long the whole 'interview' process might take, and what that process might be. I've done the SJT test and assuming that will take 3 weeks till I know if I did well on that. But....then what? I saw Dark Lightning (post no #311) saying it took a year to get to testing stage! Is that the norm?

Basically, I hate my current job. It is secure though. So.....if this trainee driver process DOES usually take around the year mark, I'm wondering whether to leave my current role and do van driving work for a while....

Thanks. Good luck to all fellow Bletchley appliers....

Slinky252

Hey all.

Just joined. Applied for Bletchley (WMT). Just wanted to get a vague timeframe as to how long the whole 'interview' process might take, and what that process might be. I've done the SJT test and assuming that will take 3 weeks till I know if I did well on that. But....then what? I saw Dark Lightning (post no #311) saying it took a year to get to testing stage! Is that the norm?

Basically, I hate my current job. It is secure though. So.....if this trainee driver process DOES usually take around the year mark, I'm wondering whether to leave my current role and do van driving work for a while....

Hi buddy, mate of mine is waiting for second lot of tests in Watford. In Feb this year he went for his first lot of tests after sift and passed them took a whole year to kick his assessments off.

Wba0986

Hey all.

If your job is steady and secure hold off with any drastic changes as you could be waiting a year or 2 before anything happens and you still have to get through all the stages to get to that point

Hey all.

Also gonna weigh in again here, it’s absolutely normal for the full process to take a year or more.
Even if you fully pass you could end up in the talent pool until they have a need of new drivers, there’s a max 5 year talent pool time before you have to reapply.

Indiemoz

Thanks for the info.

A whole year it is then. And then maybe a 5 year wait in the talent pool? Blimey Charlie....

Still, at least my current job, as much as I hate it, will be secure in these post covid/Brexit times....one of the 'perks' of working with family....

Thanks again. :)

Slinky252

Looking back on this thread regarding there last recruitment drive in February 2019.Upon the date candidates started receiving emails regarding a fail on the sjt. It was 2 weeks exactly, for emails to be then sent to those candidates successful at sjt. Therefore that would be w/c 27th July for passed sjt confirmation. And then it was a 12 week wait to hear after sift, so that would be first people getting stage 1 invitations w/c 19th October. This is of course they are on the same time frame as last recruitment.

Skies2rail

Looking back on this thread regarding there last recruitment drive in February 2019.Upon the date candidates started receiving emails regarding a fail on the sjt. It was 2 weeks exactly, for emails to be then sent to those candidates successful at sjt. Therefore that would be w/c 27th July for passed sjt confirmation. And then it was a 12 week wait to hear after sift, so that would be first people getting stage 1 invitations w/c 19th October. This is of course they are on the same time frame as last recruitment.

As much as I am hoping for this time frame, I find it hard to believe. I've heard they had approx 6100 applicants vs 1500 (average) in previous recruitment phases.

If they are 'cut throat' with shortlisting then possibly we could hear sooner but who knows?! The wait continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.