• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Online Assesment

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyccfc

I've just logged in and mine has changed to Coventry too, even though I checked Birmingham. I'd prefer Coventry to be fair. Still says under consideration mind.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dante

I've just logged in and mine has changed to Coventry too, even though I checked Birmingham. I'd prefer Coventry to be fair. Still says under consideration mind.

I'd also prefer Coventry but seeing as it wasn't a vacancy it gives me doubt that my application will be progressed and instead has just been taken out of the running for the Birmingham pool. Ever the cynic.. :rolleyes:

Eddie9372

Not sure abacus614, I called recruitment to see what was happening. 1 of my mates has completed stage 1 & 2 and passed his interview, waiting on his medical.

abacus614

Not sure abacus614, I called recruitment to see what was happening. 1 of my mates has completed stage 1 & 2 and passed his interview, waiting on his medical.

I’m not sure on how the recruitment process is managed. It seems odd to me how some candidates are nearer to the finish line whilst others still have their application under consideration.

I’m staring to wonder if it’s all worth it. It’s certainly taking the wind out of my sails anyway

andyccfc

Are these people who are near the end or have invites for stage one all applicants from 2019?

Eddie9372

abacus614 I asked the question when I phoned recruitment, they did say they just go through the applications and send out emails as and when. If you would want any news give them a call they were really helpful. Don't be on a downer from what I've heard they need plenty of drivers on this intake.

Eddie9372

andyccfc yes mate, in Feb. My mate has done everything waiting on his medical. It's only took him 8 weeks which I found really quick.

andyccfc

So he either ticks every box straight off the bat, or has got extremely lucky! I for one can't see me getting any further with the Coventry change to my application. I didn't think WMT even had a depot there as it's a Virgin station is it not.

Wba0986

Anyone had a positive or negative response from wmt yet as 12 week suggestion isnt far away.

GG96LFC

Did you guys already complete some of the assessments with another company? I only ask because, I think some people may have been invited to stage 1 assessments for this role, so those of us who have already done stage 1 assessments elsewhere might hopefully be hearing soon. I may be wrong though as I believe West Midlands Trains are currently recruiting for various different roles

Dante

Did you guys already complete some of the assessments with another company? I only ask because, I think some people may have been invited to stage 1 assessments for this role, so those of us who have already done stage 1 assessments elsewhere might hopefully be hearing soon. I may be wrong though as I believe West Midlands Trains are currently recruiting for various different roles

Yeah I'm still waiting to hear and have completed all assessments prior to this application, the thought had crossed my mind too.

Roy Gill

Hello everyone, firstly good luck to everyone that is trying to get in on this unique opportunity.

My question to the floor is this.

Can anyone confirm what assessment test is taken after the SJT which has been done online recently?

Has anyone heard of jobprep.co.uk they offer a package to help pass the tests, is this avenue also a waste of money?

abacus614

I applied for Worcester, and haven't heard anything yet.

I think the twelve week wait ends next week. Judging by some of the other posts clearly detailing others have gone though numerous stages since their initial application back in Feb, I'm not holding my breathe.

andyccfc

Don't give up entirely. I have a mate who applied during last year's recruitment drive and only got through to stage one and two this year. So waited a year basically.

TTD85

Mine has also changed to Coventry (which would suit me better!). Also says Application is under consideration...!

Dante

I've just received invitation to stage 1, that I've already passed. Accepted the slot going on the responses on here and how fast they disappear but have emailed to check.

Coach Carter

I've just received invitation to stage 1, that I've already passed. Accepted the slot going on the responses on here and how fast they disappear but have emailed to check.
Chances are they require a higher score in one of the tests but is worth sending an email to check incase you can skip stage 1

birmz_

I applied in feb and stated I had passed all tests. they didn't ask me to repeat any at all. I would give them a call mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.