• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance and SWT Reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The absence of a reserved place on the 1305 Leeds - Sheffield may be related to the fact that no Leeds - Sheffield Advance tickets are available for that train on the chosen date of travel. The presence of a reserved place on the 1618 Sheffield - Leeds may be related to the fact that £6 Sheffield - Leeds Advance tickets are currently available for that train on the chosen date of travel. Neither of these trains have reserved seats. Northern Rail uses the reserved place system on this route.

This is an interesting observation. What you are saying is that if there is no quota left for a "reserved place" leg of the journey on the "& Connections" part, there may not be a reservation issued for that journey at all.

This would imply that whether a reservation coupon is issued cannot be used as the absolute measure of whether a train is reserved.

An alternative implication is that "reserved place" services are not classed as "reservable" for the purpose of Advance tickets.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John @ home

Established Member
What you are saying is that if there is no quota left for a "reserved place" leg of the journey on the "& Connections" part, there may not be a reservation issued for that journey at all.
Not quite. I said that the absence of a reserved place and the absence of Advance ticket availability may be related. More than that, I don't know but I am keen to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.