• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

All The Stations - project to video every British Railway Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
I tried to do it last year, but we were terminated at Exeter as there was a storm and Voyagers aren't allowed through Dawlish if the sea water is coming over in case it gets into the underfloor engines. We decamped onto a GWR HST and made it to Penzance about 90 late. So with Delay Repay of 100% I did the trip for free!

My comment was about it being sent to Guildford for a couple weeks, I can't see many folk doing Aberdeen - Guildford as one journey

Taunton

Established Member
Part 3 of their video has come on line now.

At last, after having been completely missed out in the main AllTheStations videos last year, Taunton finally gets a fractional mention ... :)

E759

Part 3 of their video has come on line now.

At last, after having been completely missed out in the main AllTheStations videos last year, Taunton finally gets a fractional mention ... :)
And nice shots of the grass on your platforms ;)

Highlandspring

Established Member
I am still extremely miffed at being thrown off the Aberdeen - Penzance service at Plymouth the day before Geoff and Vikki did it.

Trainfan344

Established Member
The price quoted in the last video seemed very expensive! Wonder if it could be done cheaper?

Taunton

Established Member
And nice shots of the grass on your platforms
Back in the 1960s the ganger, let alone anyone senior from management, would not have tolerater one BLADE of grass in the formation anywhere between Cogload and Norton Fitzwarren!

Kite159

Veteran Member
The price quoted in the last video seemed very expensive! Wonder if it could be done cheaper?

It's Crosscountry, you could probably do it with a lot of splits to get the cost down :lol:

(Although a random search in October time seems to have beaten TrainSplit as the cheapest it throws out for the direct train is £120 which is the cost of a through advance)

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
It's Crosscountry, you could probably do it with a lot of splits to get the cost down :lol:

(Although a random search in October time seems to have beaten TrainSplit as the cheapest it throws out for the direct train is £120 which is the cost of a through advance)
Indeed, no matter how far in advance you book you'll always get that tier of Advance (i.e. no cheaper), and I've even seen it that price when booked on the day (APOD). It's actually reasonably priced for such a long journey, hence why it's very rare for there to be a cheaper split ticket (unless you want walk-up tickets).

Kite159

Veteran Member
Indeed, no matter how far in advance you book you'll always get that tier of Advance (i.e. no cheaper), and I've even seen it that price when booked on the day (APOD). It's actually reasonably priced for such a long journey, hence why it's very rare for there to be a cheaper split ticket (unless you want walk-up tickets).

I was a bit disappointed, I was expecting to put it onto Train Split for it to generate something crazy like a 10-way split to save something

Trainfan344

Established Member
Going off topic a little, but it might be worth making it do Smaller journey as splits, I'm not sure if the engine works with longer journeys

Kite159

Veteran Member
Probably if I ever do that journey it will be in First Class, I've done long voyager trips before (Manchester - Bristol, Manchester - Basingstoke, Edinburgh - Sheffield) and even at a nice seat with a view it gets boring after a while

E759

Probably if I ever do that journey it will be in First Class, I've done long voyager trips before (Manchester - Bristol, Manchester - Basingstoke, Edinburgh - Sheffield) and even at a nice seat with a view it gets boring after a while
Quite fancy the trip next next around the Summer Solstice. So I thought that getting some training in long distance travel was in order. Did a day trip last week from Horsham to Balloch and return, Pendolino 1st. The view out of the window only became boring once the sun had set and there was nothing to see. Otherwise I thought the views glorious, especially around Shap and Beatock. Also the feeling of snaking through the landscape as the tilt comes into play, wonderful stuff!

route101

Established Member
Quite fancy the trip next next around the Summer Solstice. So I thought that getting some training in long distance travel was in order. Did a day trip last week from Horsham to Balloch and return, Pendolino 1st. The view out of the window only became boring once the sun had set and there was nothing to see. Otherwise I thought the views glorious, especially around Shap and Beatock. Also the feeling of snaking through the landscape as the tilt comes into play, wonderful stuff!

Aye . i prefer the longer daylight hours , do most of my trips spring summer . In winter you have to set of earlier i suppose.

E759

I’m planning on writing my Trip Reports in Winter. If I set off any earlier I be leaving the previous day

Cletus

Established Member
Some will be pleased to know that Geoff is planning to do ALL (board / alight) the stations (eventually).

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
Some will be pleased to know that Geoff is planning to do ALL (board / alight) the stations (eventually).

Even I might not watch all those. Perhaps Geoff & Vicky should visit a place of interest at every station they go to in order to make it of wider interest?

In my eyes they never completed the project as they never visited Norton Bridge, Wedgwood or Barlaston. Indeed if Geoff considers ‘the railway’ not to be trains he should review this. Thankfully, although Norton Bridge is closed the replacement bus is in place until March 2019 and there are more buses to the other stations.

Gathursty

Established Member
In my eyes they never completed the project as they never visited Norton Bridge, Wedgwood or Barlaston. Indeed if Geoff considers ‘the railway’ not to be trains he should review this. Thankfully, although Norton Bridge is closed the replacement bus is in place until March 2019 and there are more buses to the other stations.

I would let them off with Norton Bridge now. Wedgwood and Barlaston still have everything there including the totem poles.

Ianno87

Veteran Member

Were those stations offered as sponsorship? If not, then they did exactly what they advertised they would do.

PR1Berske

Established Member
I don’t know tbh , but ‘all the stations’ it was not
We've been through this time and time again. They set their own rules and stuck to them throughout the project. You know fully well why the stations you have mentioned are special cases that fall beyond their remit.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
I don’t know tbh , but ‘all the stations’ it was not
it was "All the stations for which the office of Rail Regulation published usage figures for 2015-2016". Despite it being possible to buy rail tickets to the stations you listed, the statistics for how many people still do that are not published. They had to draw a line somewhere (similarly, Newhaven marine was not included). But this then meant that it was "all the stations that in normal circumstances have a train call at them regularly in passenger service"

Status
Not open for further replies.