• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Another 175 catches fire at Deganwy 21Apr18

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
And yet another this morning, 175107 at Deganwy whilst working 1H82 0634 Llandudno to Manchester Airport. Haven't been able to find out further detail yet apart from fire affected the front coach.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tractakid

And yet another this morning, 175107 at Deganwy whilst working 1H82 0634 Llandudno to Manchester Airport. Haven't been able to find out further detail yet apart from fire affected the front coach.

I was one of two passengers on that train this morning. Was an interesting start to the day! The guard was absolutely brilliant. The emergency services were there quickly.

It was mentioned the train had a new engine installed the night before... fire.jpg

Intermodal

Established Member
I wonder how long I can make my location on this f
I was one of two passengers on that train this morning. Was an interesting start to the day! The guard was absolutely brilliant. The emergency services were there quickly.

It was mentioned the train had a new engine installed the night before... View attachment 45702
RailUK feet on the ground everywhere! What are the chances :)

daikilo

Established Member
Was it actually a fire or simply smoke resulting from say an oil or coolant leak? Not good after maintenance but it happens (I assume an engine change would mean Chester so it had already done some running).

tractakid

The guard said the train had actually caught fire. I didn't see any flames myself- but all the action was happening under the train. Three fire crews turned up, plus an ambulance and police to close the adjacent road as the water supply was in the road.

I turned down alternate transport- I was planning on running at Phoenix parkrun in Runcorn but instead I took a stroll along the river to Conwy parkrun, a short walk away. I got there rather early.

Howardh

Established Member
If you're going to break down, is there a nicer spot?? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.