• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anybody remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

The 'Jaffa Cake' livery?

1598.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Never seen it in the flesh (except on a small bit of a rather run down MLV at Coventry RC) but always liked it for some reason.

Nathan

Never seen it before. its a good shot though, where was it taken?

Kris

Sevington. Why did they get rid of it - just normal changes.

Why did they get rid of the best colour scheme ...... LMS Crimson Lake ?

:hiding:

Kris

We used to have several MLV's stored at Bomo - pre-scrapping. One was used for shunting for quite a few years.

I put a suggestion in at the time that they should be converted for passenger use and used on the Lymmys. That'd been great - electric bubble car :lol:

Coxster

Established Member
Was it not an NSE specific livery?
As far as I know it was initially used on a dedicated pool of Hastings CEPs after the line was electrified. The units/line were then known as "1066 DC Electrics" and that name later appeared on Video 125's cab view. I believe it was after that when it was then painted onto some other units (such as the Class 309 'Clacton' units) as part of a 'London and South East' brand name. As Paul said above, I believe it was that brand name which then later became 'Network South East'.

Crompton Karl

I was with my father (now retired) once when he was called in on a rest day and i tagged allong, i usually got to go in the cab if it was quiet but if there was someone around then i'd sit in the first bay of seating behind the cab. My best memory was taking 2 MLV coupled together from Slade Green (my fathers Depot) after they had been up there for some work back to Ramsgate. Both were in Jaffa cake livery, i was in the cab, man those things moved!

Jaffa cake livery brings back so many memories!

Karl :)

Status
Not open for further replies.