• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

are VT calling at Blackburn!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

VTPreston_Tez

So it isn't. Mind though, given that ECSs like this wind me up, couldn't a passenger service be made out of this, without the wait at Hellifield?</myoldself>

ushawk

Established Member
That would be a stop for "operational reasons" - seems the service is ran to keep route knowledge up to date - whether it regularly runs ive no idea.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Looks like an ECS move or similar. The Technical tab will tell you all you need to know - also to the best of my knowledge passenger services can't enter Good Loops (like it's booked to at Skew Bridge (Preston)), which is a slight give away ;) Edit - As is the '0' headcode!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Technical tab in OP link said:
Runs: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from Tuesday 13th December 2011 to Thursday 6th December 2012

Last edited:

VTPreston_Tez

Looks like an ECS move or similar. The Technical tab will tell you all you need to know - also to the best of my knowledge passenger services can't enter Good Loops (like it's booked to at Skew Bridge (Preston)), which is a slight give away ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Looks like a Voyager too.

It's 75mph though. I understand that that may be the speed limit but it could be a 57 as it's diesel hauled.

ryan125hst

Established Member
Are you sure its not a class 57 route learner? It is timed at 75mph, which I thought light locomotives are restricted to, and it also says diesel hauled.

As well as this, doesn't a "0" headcode mean light loco?

I've seen similar workings on the ECML on Open Train Times and have always assumed that it was a class 67 route learner.

Here is an example: http://www.opentraintimes.com/schedule/G02204/2012/10/25

If you look up Doncaster in advanced mode at about 12:00, you'll see three of them: The one above, one to Leeds via Shaftholme Junction and Micklefield, and one to Wakefield Kirkgate. There is also one to Newark Northgate at 14:38.

As they all say "runs as required", I'm guessing they don't all run on the same day?

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
ryan125hst is right, and the headcode is a giveaway!
So it isn't. Mind though, given that ECSs like this wind me up, couldn't a passenger service be made out of this, without the wait at Hellifield?</myoldself>
Why does a light engine or ECS move wind you up? :s That must be one of the most bizarre suggestions I've ever read.

It's 75mph though. I understand that that may be the speed limit but it could be a 57 as it's diesel hauled.
It's not hauling anything!

VTPreston_Tez

ryan125hst is right, and the headcode is a giveaway!

Why does a light engine or ECS move wind you up? :s That must be one of the most bizarre suggestions I've ever read.

It just drives me around the bend knowing that ECS moves go from say, Greater Anglia land to Doncaster Wabtec, surely they could allow passengers on as ridiculous as it sounds?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It just drives me around the bend knowing that ECS moves go from say, Greater Anglia land to Doncaster Wabtec, surely they could allow passengers on as ridiculous as it sounds?
You'd need a guard, and a safety case, and you'd need to have firm timings. They may not run at precise times and can run early/late. What if the vehicle isn't ready to go to/from Wabtec? ECS trains have to exist as empties for many good reasons. If you know it's ridiculous, why say it?:|

VTPreston_Tez

You'd need a guard, and a safety case, and you'd need to have firm timings. They may not run at precise times and can run early/late. What if the vehicle isn't ready to go to/from Wabtec? ECS trains have to exist as empties for many good reasons. If you know it's ridiculous, why say it?:|

You've raised some points I overlooked notably the timing issue. I now see why ECS is the best in most cases.
You know, I'd rather say stupid things to learn from my mistakes than not say at all.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'd rather say stupid things to learn from my mistakes than not say at all.
Fair enough, I don't want to sound too critical, but some things are best looked up and, if possible, run through a 'common sense check' first ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.