• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva london trainee driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tron81

From past vacancies.. they sift through the applications and deal with the assessments first then those that didnt make the initial sift... they send out a generic email, it may take a few months all the way to a year down the line before they send that rejection out. Juat got to hold tight as the sift seems to be random

theking

Why make a whole new thread for the same questions to be asked when there's one already on here with masses of information about the recruitment process.

Tron81

Why make a whole new thread for the same questions to be asked when there's one already on here with masses of information about the recruitment process.
Yes. As stated above. All the information can be found in the previous recruitment campaign thread.

loco-84

Because I'm new to this site and am not sure
Yes. As stated above. All the information can be found in the previous recruitment campaign thread.
I'm new to this site and did not know there was a previous thread

Tron81

Because I'm new to this site and am not sure

I'm new to this site and did not know there was a previous thread
No problem, the other thread has a similar title or you as you wish you can ask again here...

OneLowban

Any updates from anyone else regarding the Arriva Rail Trainee Driver position?

Daly131

No nothing for me either yet i applied the day the application closed.....

greatkingrat

Established Member
No nothing for me either yet i applied the day the application closed.....

I'm not sure why you think that should make any difference? It is not a race, whether you applied on day 1, or 10 minutes before the closing date is irrelevant.

Juliet Barvo

So I know a ARL Trainee, app dec 2016, got the invite/tests/interv in Aug 2017, started training Sept/Oct 2017. I also no that they sift out duplicate apps instantly. Which measn that if you aint heard nothing, then your app is still live.

Nobby

To be fair they did say to expect contact between 2 weeks and 4 months.....it's hard to be patient sometimes but it is what it is. I haven't heard anything yet either.

East1991

Lads I spoke to HR, Ashely, she informed me that she received over 4500 application and she is going through each application individually so bare with her. Everyone will get a reply.

zambo01

Just for info of you guys waiting;

I applied in the last round (Nov 17).
Heard back just before Xmas 17 telling me I was successful.

Invite to assessment day 1 in Jan 18.
Waited about two weeks for results.

Invite to assessment day 2 in Feb 18.
Found out results the following week.

Invite to DMI Feb 18.
Got the phone call to say I was successful the following week.

Bit of a mix up with medical and references, but I chased it up myself and got it all sorted within a few weeks.

Start date is April 16th.

So, in my experience, the paper sift was the longest part, from there on it went fairly quickly and smoothly!

Also, from what I can tell; they seem to work in batches. The successful candidates on my Day 1 assessment, were also on my Day 2 assessments and the ones that I stayed in touch with are all starting at roughly the same time!

loco-84

Just for info of you guys waiting;

I applied in the last round (Nov 17).
Heard back just before Xmas 17 telling me I was successful.

Invite to assessment day 1 in Jan 18.
Waited about two weeks for results.

Invite to assessment day 2 in Feb 18.
Found out results the following week.

Invite to DMI Feb 18.
Got the phone call to say I was successful the following week.

Bit of a mix up with medical and references, but I chased it up myself and got it all sorted within a few weeks.

Start date is April 16th.

So, in my experience, the paper sift was the longest part, from there on it went fairly quickly and smoothly!

Also, from what I can tell; they seem to work in batches. The successful candidates on my Day 1 assessment, were also on my Day 2 assessments and the ones that I stayed in touch with are all starting at roughly the same time!

Thanks mate. All the best for the 16th

Barry K

Also with the last recruitment campaign, they kept a LOT of people waiting, then, on the morning of THIS recruitment campaign, binned anyone they hadn't already invited for assessment, so your guess is as good as mine.....

dodge

no unfortunatey could not attend
but any news froms those that did ,good luck

OneLowban

Ah that’s a shame.

Yes good luck to all. I have my first assessment day next week Thursday so any replies would be good.

trump

I was there Tuesday in the afternoon. Was 15 of us. Apparently was assessments in the morning too as some people were still doing tests when we arrived.
Who knows how many people are being assessed and how many real jobs there actually are at the end of it?
Got to have a go though and keep trying to get your foot in the door.

My advice to anyone going soon is to read the study information given and practice it and you shouldn't go far wrong.
Good luck everyone :)

OneLowban

I was there Tuesday in the afternoon. Was 15 of us. Apparently was assessments in the morning too as some people were still doing tests when we arrived.
Who knows how many people are being assessed and how many real jobs there actually are at the end of it?
Got to have a go though and keep trying to get your foot in the door.

My advice to anyone going soon is to read the study information given and practice it and you shouldn't go far wrong.
Good luck everyone :)
Thanks for the update trump, I find it weird that this thread is a desert at the moment with us being in the middle of assessments and what not.

Seems like only the 10th and 19th are the dates we know of at the moment.

Did they give you any feedback or anything?

OneLowban

Had my stage 1 assessments today, it was okay, group bourdon was the worst.

They said a week or so for results.

trump or anyone else received anything back yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.