• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

arriva pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

danfitz123

The thread had me baffled until I read through, I thought you were a driver in need of assistance, not a child with a pass! Where does that give you the right to even expect discounts/free travel?

I'm really not too bothered as its getting taken off me this december as im 16 so wont last too long anyway........ Thanks for the responces everyone.:D
I'll just have to get a 16-25 railcard..

Thanks again.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

barrykas

Established Member
My sentiments exactly. With a BUS PASS On what basis do you even think or expect free or reduced price Rail travel on any train companies at all? I had a bus driver the other day with an Arriva Bus Drivers pass who insisted it was valid on TPE from Manchester to Hull. I pointed out it wasn't, and he got quite rude and aggressive in his attitude - he insisted his Bus Pass gave him free travel on all train companies. I extracted the money from him eventually, but it took some doing. Cheeky. I don't mind giving fellow rail colleagues rides around, but not bus drivers trying it on.

Should've pulled his pass and passed it to an RPI to MG11 him. <D

fgwoll1e

I think only revenue can if pushing forward for prosecution as then the pass would be evidence.

Hi,
This is probably the wrong place to ask but I have an arriva bus staff pass

As an RPI for CrossCountry your pass is definately NOT valid on any of our trains
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Would you have the right to pull a non-railway employee pass?

Its My evidence that an offence has been committed. That goes for any pass that is being used fraudulently and a zero fare issued. If the OP is trying this he must be aware just loosing the pass is bad enough to be taken to court for fare evasion is something quite different.

CarterUSM

Established Member
As an RPI for CrossCountry your pass is definately NOT valid on any of our trains
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Its My evidence that an offence has been committed. That goes for any pass that is being used fraudulently and a zero fare issued. If the OP is trying this he must be aware just loosing the pass is bad enough to be taken to court for fare evasion is something quite different.

Just wasn't sure, I could withdraw railway season tickets all day, but for instance I was told never to take anyones concession card as it wasn't one of our products. But if fraud is being committed.........

tony_mac

Established Member
Do guards have the same powers as RPIs as regards collecting evidence etc.?
(This is just a question, I don't even know what the difference is, if any!)

Status
Not open for further replies.