• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail London - Qualified/Trainee Driver Vacancies - Dec 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tron81

Same here.. haven't heard a thing. Anyone heard back that applied for Willesden junction? For those that have not heard, what depots did you apply for?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

slick

As pointed out earlier in the thread but has seemed to have been ignored, I know its difficult but you have to be patient. Positions coming up will be done on a requirement basis. Its not like there are 20 spaces sitting around that need to be filled instantly ASAP.

Successful candidates are processed and usually allocated based on the proximity to a depot from home address although there is no minimum distance. So people living say in the east of london for example may find a waiting game for Chingford (being the closest) as there isnt space at the moment, but the company for example has projected 4 people will retire in the next 3 years or something along those lines. One of a thousand variables. Sit, relax, dont stop life waiting for a call. When I started it took a full year before I heard anything. Good luck to you all!

Last edited:

Simply_h

Just got a call inviting me to stage 2. Will only be taking the vse test for those who have already completed all assessments.

stevieoz

Hello All

I have also been invited to the next stage, wasnt overly confident after stage one so really excited to have made it through.

Is the VSE a computer or paper based test? When during the day is it? I assume that the MMI is the final part of the day, unlike the SJE on day 1?

Any help much appreciated.

Simply_h

Just got another call saying my application will have to be withdrawn.. as I am currently in the recruitment process with mtr. Apparently it's a rule that I can only do the OPC tests with one company at a time and will have to wait 6 months before I can try again with Arriva

Davysera

Just got another call saying my application will have to be withdrawn.. as I am currently in the recruitment process with mtr. Apparently it's a rule that I can only do the OPC tests with one company at a time and will have to wait 6 months before I can try again with Arriva

When you apply with MTR and which depot?
If you passed assessment 6 months ago I cannot see what is the problem?
What stage in the process you are now with MTR?

Simply_h

I passed all assessments almost a year ago, but failed the dmi. I reapplied this year for the plumstead depot so done the usual (fill out application, complete online tests etc) didn't know I was doing anything wrong as sometimes you don't know when the toc will get back to you but I've been scrutinised by Arriva as I am currently doing the OPC test with Crossrail. Don't really know what I could have done differently.. oh well what's meant to be will be

JoDo

Well dear Arriva all I want to say is THANK YOU very much..passed my medical and referencing and today, after trying and waiting (oww so much waiting lol) I have finally been given a formal offer of employment. Contract and welcome pack received, over the moon is an understatement. Start date received, resignation letter to my current employer sent off, and a weekend of celebration forecasted

Thanks to all and to all a thank you.

juniorred

Well dear Arriva all I want to say is THANK YOU very much..passed my medical and referencing and today, after trying and waiting (oww so much waiting lol) I have finally been given a formal offer of employment. Contract and welcome pack received, over the moon is an understatement. Start date received, resignation letter to my current employer sent off, and a weekend of celebration forecasted

congrats, you must be over the moon.

donpoku

Hi still at assessment stage but will appreciate any advice on how to approach dmi. Thanks.

theking

Has anyone got any information about New cross gate? Re shift patterns, rest days, maximum spread time of shifts, maximum time they can move you from spare.

Any help greatly appreciated.

JoDo

Theking are you by any chance starting at new cross gate on 20th march? On the info you require someone has posted all the details on an older thread will see if I can find it again. My start dates the 20th march but no1 else has mentioned any dates on here.

Traininday

Hi, long time lurker first time poster, I have to say the information I've found have been invaluable and I don't think I would have made it through the assessments if it wasn't for the information I got on here. I'm currently at the final stage and was wondering if anyone on here have been to the Dmi??

theking

Theking are you by any chance starting at new cross gate on 20th march? On the info you require someone has posted all the details on an older thread will see if I can find it again. My start dates the 20th march but no1 else has mentioned any dates on here.

Tried to pm you but it didn't work.

tel1969

Hi JoDo,

Had my medical on the 17th Feb, how long did it take for you to hear back from them? Did they call you or did you hear via the post?
Cheers

JoDo

Hi JoDo,

Had my medical on the 17th Feb, how long did it take for you to hear back from them? Did they call you or did you hear via the post?
Cheers

Had medical on Tuesday, got phone call on Friday and received contract Saturday morning. The HR team at Arriva Rail London are really top notch. Everything was smooth, easy and simple.

Let me know which depot you have been put into maybe we start on the same course, my dates 20/3

Tron81

Anyone else still waiting to hear back after the initial application/sjt?

tel1969

JoDo - I'll be based at NXG subject to passing the med. I remember them saying start date around beginning of May

JoDo

JoDo - I'll be based at NXG subject to passing the med. I remember them saying start date around beginning of May

I got told May at the interview too but when I got the offer it was changed to March. Which was far better lol..I'm NGX too

tel1969

Cant believe it! Medical came back fine & i have been formally offered the position! Must admit, i felt emotional! Its been a long road but finally, i got there! Really looking forward to starting at NXG and hopefully meeting some of you guys! Start date is 8th May

Davysera

Cant believe it! Medical came back fine & i have been formally offered the position! Must admit, i felt emotional! Its been a long road but finally, i got there! Really looking forward to starting at NXG and hopefully meeting some of you guys! Start date is 8th May

Congratulations!
Can you tell us when you started your application/is that January 2016/?
When you have your DMI?
I am just trying to figure out what to expect.
Once more congrats and good luck!

JoDo

Congrats man well done...so still just lonely me in March den lol...

tel1969

Congratulations!
Can you tell us when you started your application/is that January 2016/?
When you have your DMI?
I am just trying to figure out what to expect.
Once more congrats and good luck!

I first applied back in 2015, but failed the bespoke VSE. I reapplied in Jan 2016 and redone the VSE & passed. Went straight to DMI (9th Feb) as i already passed the MMi with GWR in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.