• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail London - Qualified/Trainee Driver Vacancies - Dec 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

tel1969

Congrats man well done...so still just lonely me in March den lol...

They did offer me the March start date but it was cutting it a bit fine, i have to give my current employer a bit more time to get someone else in

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Davysera

I first applied back in 2015, but failed the bespoke VSE. I reapplied in Jan 2016 and redone the VSE & passed. Went straight to DMI (9th Feb) as i already passed the MMi with GWR in the meantime.

Wow,
Long journey, you start January 2016 and have your DMI just now/February the 9th/!?!
But it is a successful story!!!

CamKacey

Congrats man well done...so still just lonely me in March den lol...

I also start training with Arriva Rail London on the 20th March :D

Got the formal offer for Willesden a couple of weeks back

CamKacey

Cant believe it! Medical came back fine & i have been formally offered the position! Must admit, i felt emotional! Its been a long road but finally, i got there! Really looking forward to starting at NXG and hopefully meeting some of you guys! Start date is 8th May

Congratulations!!! :D

djsmith200

Thanks for the responses, am I right in assuming that you all also applied for Willesden junction?

I didnt specify mate and if i remember right It didnt require to do so as it said-
"various-across the route" and that was that.
Live near watford so im guessing willesden would naturally be the one.

stevieoz

Congratulations all

I have recently passed the DMI and have the medical booked for next week, I am a bit nervous about this but really proud of myself and hugely grateful to Arriva London for the opportunity. cannot wait to start, but wont believe it until I have that contract signed.

JoDo

Congratulations all

I have recently passed the DMI and have the medical booked for next week, I am a bit nervous about this but really proud of myself and hugely grateful to Arriva London for the opportunity. cannot wait to start, but wont believe it until I have that contract signed.

Congrats and don't worry medical not as bad as you think it might be. Which depot you going to, I'm at Newcross gate.

stevieoz

Will be at Willesden, but was told will go over to NXG every now and then. Not sure why though.

donpoku

Ooh tis a jolly good atmosphere in here, well done guys. When do each of you start?

Amoaz6

Congratulations all

Congrats.

I have my DMI for Willesden depot coming up real soon. Any advice/tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Skoodle

Will be at Willesden, but was told will go over to NXG every now and then. Not sure why though.

You will be based at Willesden, however training takes place at Swiss Cottage, Willesden and sometimes ECS driving at NXG. Sometimes though due to availability of Instructors, you may be required to do your 225 hours with an instructor at NXG, then go back to Willesden after you pass out. There is no cross cover between NXG and other depots.

Deano4

Hi all, I'm very new to this site (joined today) but I have a quick question. I passed stage one and stage two and have already had my managers interview last week.....How long did it take them to contact you once they had a decision? They told me that the start date would be the 8th May at NXG but I'm still waiting for 'the phone call'.

CamKacey

Hi all, I'm very new to this site (joined today) but I have a quick question. I passed stage one and stage two and have already had my managers interview last week.....How long did it take them to contact you once they had a decision? They told me that the start date would be the 8th May at NXG but I'm still waiting for 'the phone call'.

Well done for getting this far!

My Interview was on a Friday at the end of January, and received the call on the following Monday morning 3 days later with decision. But that may have been because the March course start date I was given, was fast approaching with my required 4 week resignation notice.

Good Luck!

Deano4

Cant believe it! Medical came back fine & i have been formally offered the position! Must admit, i felt emotional! Its been a long road but finally, i got there! Really looking forward to starting at NXG and hopefully meeting some of you guys! Start date is 8th May

Hi, Can I ask what date you had your manager interview on? and how long did it take them to call you after the interview?

Deano4

They said I would start on the 8th May if offered so fingers crossed!! Well done to you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.