• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail London - Trainee Driver - New Cross Gate / Willesden (19/06/23)

Neonburger

What was the other TOC if you don’t mind me asking?
Arriva Rail Overground is enhanced standard

Thanks, I put 28th as preferred and 27th and second choice.
I also got an email from Chiltern today and they also under Arriva, anyone know if they Chiltern do the same tests as arriva or less? Because the document Chiltern sent me doesn’t include some of London Overground tests..
Southern. I know the Opc don’t say which tests are to enhanced standard, so just wondered if anyone with a pass on those tests has ever been asked to resit them for Arriva. I don’t really want to risk failing the ATATV, was very surprised I passed the first time!

Do you think if I attended was told that I had to resit all tests, then say I don’t want to proceed, would it affect my other applications?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

moonie95

@moonie95 its to enhanced also, just different assessments I believe
What difference in assessments?

Also you work for LU, isn’t the benefits there as a train operator better? I know it’s not part of the National Rail, but I’m sure LU drivers have better benefits and stronger union?

Adam-King

What difference in assessments?

Also you work for LU, isn’t the benefits there as a train operator better? I know it’s not part of the National Rail, but I’m sure LU drivers have better benefits and stronger union?
I’m not sure how they work it all out, but different TOCs use different test, enhanced also means they add test unique to them.

Yeah it depends on what you really want, LU is a very good employer, with very good benefits.
But the European train driving licence and being on the nation rail has always been something that interests me. Also it’s the same union I’m in now, Aslef

moonie95

I’m not sure how they work it all out, but different TOCs use different test, enhanced also means they add test unique to them.

Yeah it depends on what you really want, LU is a very good employer, with very good benefits.
But the European train driving licence and being on the nation rail has always been something that interests me. Also it’s the same union I’m in now, Aslef
Alright thanks for that :) I thought LU drivers majority are RMT

Samzino

Computer tests do not have an enhanced standard. You just pass the set standard of score on the day.

Samzino

Really.. I thought enhanced was get 90% pass rate.. and National is 70% pass rate mark
As mentioned multiple times on this forum by others, There is no set way to define enhance standard. It could be scores on individual paper tests, it could also be in most cases an additional extra test which is usually the VSE or DFFT.

Computer tests have always been a set standard.

Ses16

What was the other TOC if you don’t mind me asking?
Arriva Rail Overground is enhanced standard

Thanks, I put 28th as preferred and 27th and second choice.
I also got an email from Chiltern today and they also under Arriva, anyone know if they Chiltern do the same tests as arriva or less? Because the document Chiltern sent me doesn’t include some of London Overground tests..
There’s less assessments on the chiltern assessments but the overground has more. If I was you, I’d go for the full run of assessments with the overground, so you’ve covered all bases.

But it’s entirely up to you if it’s chiltern that you want to drive for. Be a difference in salary too.

moonie95

Good morning all, I’ve just received my confirmed date, has anyone else got theirs?
Hey I’ve got the 28th March for 08:30

Just jumping on this, is there a reason Colas aren't on that list. And would you have any idea what their standard is.
Colas rail, is a freight operator. I think they are national standard. But from the posts regarding enhanced or national it’s just, some TOCS do some additional tests. But apparently there is not set scoring system from what people have stated.

train_freak

Anyone know if ANY of the Day 2 are to 'enhanced' standard. I've passed all tests inc MMI with another TOC and don't really want to resit anything incase I fail anything and mess up my chances but want to pursue Arriva as depot location etc are much better for me.

Kelki

Anyone know if ANY of the Day 2 are to 'enhanced' standard. I've passed all tests inc MMI with another TOC and don't really want to resit anything incase I fail anything and mess up my chances but want to pursue Arriva as depot location etc are much better for me.
Everything for Arriva is enhanced.

train_freak

Dang, not the answer i was looking for lol. I guess I'll find out on the day as to what exactly I need to retake and take it from there.
I've got an offer so don't want to jeopardise anything.
Thanks for replying :smile:

Samzino

Not everything. Computer tests have no enhanced level. Just pass or fail to a set score.

This is made clear by the OPC invigilators themselves on the day.

Arriva uses the VSE + DFFT and some of the paper tests scores to set an Enhanced standard from what I've seen.

train_freak

Not everything. Computer tests have no enhanced level. Just pass or fail to a set score.

This is made clear by the OPC invigilators themselves on the day.

Arriva uses the VSE + DFFT and some of the paper tests scores to set an Enhanced standard from what I've seen.
Cheers for the reply mate!

I really hope this is the case as then I'd be looking at resitting TRP1 and/or TRP2...fingers crossed!

moonie95

28th March is soon approaching, I still haven’t started

How’s everyone practicing going for the 28th?

Attachments

• IMG_5496.png
    IMG_5496.png
    189.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Kelki

Dang, not the answer i was looking for lol. I guess I'll find out on the day as to what exactly I need to retake and take it from there.
I've got an offer so don't want to jeopardise anything.
Thanks for replying :smile:
I see someone corrected me, hope it all went well. Best of luck.

moonie95

Yeah all done, how did you get on?
Did all the tests and computerised tests on the day, and passed all of them. Was worrying after completing every test and waiting for the results lol
Then on to the MMI, but not sure about how I did there.
How about you

Adam-King

Did all the tests and computerised tests on the day, and passed all of them. Was worrying after completing every test and waiting for the results lol
Then on to the MMI, but not sure about how I did there.
How about you
Yeah exactly the same, it’s nerve wracking every time and then the wait for the MMI result is making me nervous, keep going over my answers in my head. Let’s hope it’s good news, it doesn’t help with the Easter weekend, so everything seems longer

Jaytrains

Yeah exactly the same, it’s nerve wracking every time and then the wait for the MMI result is making me nervous, keep going over my answers in my head. Let’s hope it’s good news, it doesn’t help with the Easter weekend, so everything seems longer
Mmi results take around 5 to 10 working days

moonie95

Yeah, the OPC lady said 7-10 working days. It’s daunting waiting so long lol
Which day did you attend, and how many candidates for arriva rail was sitting the tests with you?

And anyone know what the proposed train date was for this year, was it for September or November for New Cross gate