• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail London - Trainee Driver - New Cross Gate / Willesden (19/06/23)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

baz962

Established Member
It also says Willesden on the advert. I thought they were over compliment.

greatkingrat

Established Member
Yes they are, I guess by the time anyone from this campaign actually passes out, they will be back under again due to retirements etc.

baz962

Established Member
Thanks for sharing this. Does anybody know the training salary and then the qualified salary for this role?
Qualified is currently 70200 and a pay offer for this year has been offered. Training rate is usually around half. I was a trainee with overground. So it's probably around 35k.

Young Wendy

Qualified is currently 70200 and a pay offer for this year has been offered. Training rate is usually around half. I was a trainee with overground. So it's probably around 35k.
Thanks Baz, appreciate the information. How long did your training take?

Jquarterz

I am currently awaiting my CBI results for another TOC and if successful I will move on to an interview. Could applying for this vacancy potentially impact that? Does anyone know?

Applepie356

I am currently awaiting my CBI results for another TOC and if successful I will move on to an interview. Could applying for this vacancy potentially impact that? Does anyone know?
Don’t quote me on this but I think ARL make you retake the tests, mainly because they have extras that you have to complete and they require standard tests passed to their enhanced standards.

If you fail any of the standard tests it could impact your current application with others.

baz962

Established Member
Thanks Baz, appreciate the information. How long did your training take?
I started in march and passed out in November. Several years ago now.

Don’t quote me on this but I think ARL make you retake the tests, mainly because they have extras that you have to complete and they require standard tests passed to their enhanced standards.

If you fail any of the standard tests it could impact your current application with others.
I passed all my tests elsewhere to enhanced. ARL didn't make me take any and put me straight to dmi

Jquarterz

Okay but the TOC that I'm currently awaiting my results for wouldn't just withdraw my application because I've applied for another TOC

T-Karmel

Okay but the TOC that I'm currently awaiting my results for wouldn't just withdraw my application because I've applied for another TOC
No, applying does not affect other applications little bit.

But if you just did CBI (good luck on that, I hope you pass), then when you apply anywhere else you'll be asked to sit MMI - which really is same as CBI, but you can only hold one. That means if you then do and pass MMI, it overrides the CBI and to apply again to a company that requires CBI - you'd need to do CBI once again that would override your MMI, and so on.

Hopefully for you, you just won't need to bother applying anywhere else, good luck with your current application.

Harvinder

Does Arriva do MMI? I have passed CBI with Avanti waiting for DMI. Don't want to risk my place at Avanti

Class2ldn

You can apply but if you do the mmi it will overwrite your cbi so definitely one to think about

golfsareus

So its not worth applying then?
I'd say its worth applying see if you get to that stage and then make a decision by then you might of had a DMI if you pass great don't do the MMI if you sadly did not make it then you can do the MMI.

Harvinder

I'd say its worth applying see if you get to that stage and then make a decision by then you might of had a DMI if you pass great don't do the MMI if you sadly did not make it then you can do the MMI.
I see your point thanks!

What is the assessment centre process here? What are the tests?

golfsareus

How long ago did you sit your CBI? I think a minimum of 6 months has to pass before you sit another test.
6 months only applies if you fail so would not apply here I believe

I see your point thanks!

What is the assessment centre process here? What are the tests?
the same tests you have already done just they use MMI instead of CBI both are enhanced.

Chippychips

6 months only applies if you fail so would not apply here I believe
Are you sure? I was always under the impression that CBI/MMI are regarded as structured interviews and so the 6 month rule applies.

Someone from the Avanti 2023 Trainee thread mentioned this also:
Interesting update from the OPC that may affect other applicants too.

They are withdrawing my application because I recently sat and passed the MMI interview. You cannot sit both CBI and MMI within the same 6 month period even if you pass.

My journey for Avanti ends here. Lucky I have other irons in the fire.

Good luck to those proceeding!

golfsareus

Not 100% sure so maybe your right but by the time they go through everything will at least a couple of months.

Chippychips

Not 100% sure so maybe your right but by the time they go through everything will at least a couple of months.
Yeah no harm in throwing your hat in the ring. Nothing to lose.

Course says November 2023 start, does anyone know how many they (approximately) looking for each of the two depots advertised?