• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva rail London trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lenny_U

2nd Feb
I've past all opc assessments in Jan with different company and was invited for dmi at the end of Feb
Did you let them know that you already passed all opc assessments?
And is this for recent vacancy at Willesden Junction?

Last edited:

Blackkat

2nd Feb
I've past all opc assessments in Jan with different company and was invited for dmi at the end of Feb
And you have had your DMI already? who did you have an interview with? And was this for Willesden on new cross

Last edited:

Melonoik

Congrats mate, just in training myself. It's a great company you will love it. Enjoy the first 4 weeks there is a lot of information but its awesome.
Thank you all.

How is the training structured?
How many weeks are the class room sessions? Monday to Friday? 9-5?

I'm asking as I have to organise child care for my kids.

Thanks

Headhunco

Thank you all.

How is the training structured?
How many weeks are the class room sessions? Monday to Friday? 9-5?

I'm asking as I have to organise child care for my kids.

Thanks
The training is broken down in modules (DT) driver training there is 10 modules you basically in class for the majority of the time unless DT6 and 8 which is your driving hours DT10 is meant to be for your finals the rest are all classroom based for example DT1 is PTS DT3 is signalling DT4 is traction when your in class it’s 8.30-3pm and it could either be in Swiss Cottage or wilsden junction and class rooms are normally 3-4 weeks depending on the module

venom ivv

2nd Feb
Hi mate,

I am in same boat as you and done OPC assessments with different company. Did you skip straight to DMI with arriva or did you have to do any other tests ? Also when did they message you about DMI?

Blackkat

Being patient is the hardest part of this game! don’t know wether contacting them is showing keenness or is it showing annoyance. One will see you through quickly the other will see your application in the bin.. it’s a tough one

DA1

Had my DMI recently. Felt like it was the hardest out of the few I’ve had. Didn’t feel as laidback (more like an MMI) and felt like I didn’t do great but we shall see, it’s out of my hands now.

Blackkat

Had my DMI recently. Felt like it was the hardest out of the few I’ve had. Didn’t feel as laidback (more like an MMI) and felt like I didn’t do great but we shall see, it’s out of my hands now.
Was this for Willesden or new X
Before you left did they take a copy of your details.. your proof of address and ID?

DA1

Was this for Willesden or new X
Before you left did they take a copy of your details.. your proof of address and ID?

They asked what depot and I said NXG. They didn’t but I went for two recently which I got offered and they also didn’t ask for my proof.

Blackkat

They asked what depot and I said NXG. They didn’t but I went for two recently which I got offered and they also didn’t ask for my proof.
Was the DMI at the overground house? Good luck man! I hope this covid19 stuff wont affect recruitment but part of me thinks it will

binkyb

Was the DMI at the overground house? Good luck man! I hope this covid19 stuff wont affect recruitment but part of me thinks it will
Unfortunately you’re not wrong. We (I work for ARL) got an email from our union rep this evening detailing various amendments to our working from this weekend. They added that all recruitment had been cancelled and that timetable uplifts planned for this year they had requested to be delayed until next year. So sorry if this affects anyone here.

DA1

Unfortunately you’re not wrong. We (I work for ARL) got an email from our union rep this evening detailing various amendments to our working from this weekend. They added that all recruitment had been cancelled and that timetable uplifts planned for this year they had requested to be delayed until next year. So sorry if this affects anyone here.

When did you get the email? That’s me out then although I think I did pretty bad in the DMI anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.