• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva rail London trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexb95

Congrats to all the soon to be trainees.

My son is starting his course on the 13th July.

He received his offer letter and contract a few weeks ago. He actually left his job last Friday, taking 2 weeks owed leave before he starts with ARL.

If you have received your contract by email, check them! I checked his and our HR had included the salaries for all grades prior to the 2020 pay increase. I appreciate its not the end of the world, but better to get things like this corrected before you start, as you will have enough to do in the next 9-10 months!
Got mine back in March I think.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

argonaut56d

Got mine back in March I think.
Did you check your salary in it?

Our HR were adamant they were correct and I was wrong when I pointed it out!

It was only after I sent them a copy of THEIR April 2020 notice giving the new figures along side the ASLEF company council one, that they admitted it was wrong! Lol! They sent him an amended one same day.

edit: just thought. Yours was March anyway, so will be OK? Rise was from April so your contract will just follow on as per normal.

Alexb95

Did you check your salary in it?

Our HR were adamant they were correct and I was wrong when I pointed it out!

It was only after I sent them a copy of THEIR April 2020 notice giving the new figures along side the ASLEF company council one, that they admitted it was wrong! Lol! They sent him an amended one same day.

edit: just thought. Yours was March anyway, so will be OK? Rise was from April so your contract will just follow on as per normal.
Yeah everything seems ok in the contract. Just wanna get started now

Relebo

Classroom training has now restarted for a limited number of courses at
Overground House this is after risk assessments were undertaken and all training
rooms set up to meet the two-meter social distancing rules.

argonaut56d

@Relebo & @Alexb95 did you get the email this morning?

My son got one to say it’s been put back a week to the 20th. But of course they will still start paying you from 13th! He’s ok with it as just means he gets another week off, but on his new money.

They have split the 8 starters into 2 groups of 4. One group at 09.00, the other at 09.30.

Think you two are both 9 starts with my son Louis.

Relebo

My son got one to say it’s been put back a week to the 20th. But of course they will still start paying you from 13th! He’s ok with it as just means he gets another week off, but on his new money.

They have split the 8 starters into 2 groups of 4. One group at 09.00, the other at 09.30.

Yes, yes I'm 0900 start.

Melonoik

I'm 9.00 start as well :)

argonaut56d

At least you are both still going to be paid. Make the most of the extra week off.

Good luck and be nice to my lad!! He is only a baby at 23!

baz962

Established Member
At least you are both still going to be paid. Make the most of the extra week off.

Good luck and be nice to my lad!! He is only a baby at 23!
At least he will be Willesden and not a dodgy Watford driver.

argonaut56d

Haha I’m 24 so not much of a baby to me.

There are more younger drivers coming through now compared to even when I started 13 years ago. Most used to be early to mid 30’s, and a few older.

Now there are definitely more younger drivers being employed. Makes sense, as the company pay a lot to train new drivers, so in theory, get more years service from them. Obviously that doesn’t always work.

Watford is exception for younger drivers though. Think we only have 3 possibly 4 out of nearly 60 drivers under 40!

Alexb95

There are more younger drivers coming through now compared to even when I started 13 years ago. Most used to be early to mid 30’s, and a few older.

Now there are definitely more younger drivers being employed. Makes sense, as the company pay a lot to train new drivers, so in theory, get more years service from them. Obviously that doesn’t always work.

Watford is exception for younger drivers though. Think we only have 3 possibly 4 out of nearly 60 drivers under 40!
Wow that’s not many. Yeah I guess they want to keep many drivers for their whole career

baz962

Established Member
Unfortunately not! But good valuable win today. Should be safe now?
[/

Watford depot , as you know , has quite a wait to get in . It's overgrounds old folks home.

Bubblebath

Hello all, first time poster.

I passed Stage 2 in March and was waiting for a date for a driver manager interview when covid hit. Applied for New Cross Gate. I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything on the rumour mill about when recruitment is likely to start again? I'm hoping that they prioritise people who have got as far as I have in the process when they restart given they've already paid for the cost of the assessments.

I have just started maternity leave so not in a massive rush but would really would love to not have to go back my current job afterwards but don't know how realistic this is.

TIA. Congratulations to those who are starting soon! Hope you all get on alright and enjoy it.

patwreynolds

I got an email today just basically saying they haven’t forgotten me and the assessment centre is back up and running but they’re dealing with critical roles initially (understandably)
Next contact expected at the end of August time

Alexb95

Can’t assist there, I had my stage assessments via freightliner then applied to an interview back in February for ARL. Good luck for the interviews.

N.Sim

I got an email today just basically saying they haven’t forgotten me and the assessment centre is back up and running but they’re dealing with critical roles initially (understandably)

Was this the first email you received like this? I received one in March saying things will be on hold etc but not had anything anything since.

Ace91

Apparently recruitment on hold for the time being. Unlikely to resume this yr.

N.Sim

I was due to sit stage 2 - I asked when it would be likely recruitment will take place again - been advised that as it has been more than 6 months I will have to apply again....!!

Status
Not open for further replies.