• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Asking for a Ticket Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd

If I've ever wanted a new ticket wallet and found staff hesitant, I've just shown them a damaged, dog-eared one and said I needed a replacement before it falls apart - not been refused before.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
Depending on supplier they started at approx 45p each I think. I seem to remember that the prices go through the floor when you order huge quantities. Considering that NR will probably buy tens (hundreds?) of thousands in bulk and stick them in a store room somewhere to last a few years, I don't think they'll be paying the same sort of price as we were looking at!

lyesbkz

I just saw a notice in Sheffield bus station saying that they now charge 25p for their (presumably Travel South Yorkshire branded) wallets that were previously given out free with travel passes.

They still give them out for free when buying a ticket and having a new photocard made, it's just 25p for a replacement / to get one if you're not buying some kind of pass.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

I have a couple, both have their purpose. A West Yorkshire Metro single window one for Day Rangers and 7 Day Rovers.

And a First Scotrail two window for Flexi-Rovers.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Dear lord someone needs to tell the bidder that those can be found for free at just about every station in the land! Then again it is possible to sell just about anything on eBay, I remember watching a programme once where the presenter found a bit of rope on a beach and managed to sell it!

To be fair, you can only get brand new ones at every station across the land, they are bidding on a used example which may (or may not) have more value.:roll::lol:

The seller does seem to be able to sell them though, three in the last month or so and a couple of other wallets since early December.:o

jd

Perhaps rail enthusiasts from abroad are buying them? Or people who live in the deepest darkest Highlands miles from a station... and possibly hundreds of miles from a *staffed* station? Maybe it's just easier to buy one off eBay for £1 than travel all that way to get one?

scotsman

Established Member
I was told to go to the ScotRail window at Glasgow Central when I asked for one, there was a huge pile of VT ones right beside him though!

34D

Established Member
Is there an East Coast ticket wallet?

Yes there is. Its got a HST on the cover, and sort of opens like a book, with several pockets.

Re your original question (and I don't mean to be unkind) did you come across as a neddy trainspotter who wanted to collect a souvenir, rather than as a serious passenger?

jon0844

Veteran Member
Dear lord someone needs to tell the bidder that those can be found for free at just about every station in the land! Then again it is possible to sell just about anything on eBay, I remember watching a programme once where the presenter found a bit of rope on a beach and managed to sell it!

Maybe I should ask for more and set up my own website www.nationalrailticketwallets.com ?! How much should I charge? 50p + £4.99 P&P (not that I think eBay lets you pull that little stunt anymore).

But, yes, there's always a chance it's being bought by some collector from half way around the world or something. It would be crazy if it turned out to be someone that could go to any station and ask for one.

route101

Established Member
Yes there is. Its got a HST on the cover, and sort of opens like a book, with several pockets.

Re your original question (and I don't mean to be unkind) did you come across as a neddy trainspotter who wanted to collect a souvenir, rather than as a serious passenger?

Ah i must get hold of the East Coast one ! In the East Coast ticket office in Waverley i got an National Enquiries one :(

What i do is take my Railcard out of the Wallet and ask for a new ticket wallet to keep it safe . Works but Not in Manchester Picc.
Gonna ask for a VT one in Glasgow Central tomorrow .:p

DVT82305

Does anyone have any First Great Western train ticket wallets if so can I have one please

Jordy

Established Member
I noticed someone with a TPE one the other day, had the cartoon 185 seen on their website and TV adverts on it!

d1015fan

not just me thats started accumulating these. FTPE sent me one with some info I requested, SWT is a ok one bit bland. FGW don't do their own and Virgin gave one up reluctantly at Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.