• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knudson

Also received an unsuccessful e-mail earlier this afternoon. Applied for Shrewsbury.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Scott95

I applied for Chester too...

Just recieved two emails spaced out over about five minutes, says erecruitment but subject is (no subject) and contents of both the emails say "no email content supplied" with the ATW banner underneath.

Seems a bit odd to me.

martin2345uk

Established Member
I applied for Chester too...

Just recieved two emails spaced out over about five minutes, says erecruitment but subject is (no subject) and contents of both the emails say "no email content supplied" with the ATW banner underneath.

Seems a bit odd to me.

Haha snap mate

Sheridan

I’ve not received any emails but my application status now says ‘invited to telephone interview’ - but I’ll wait for confirmation before I get too excited!

RollingOn

Well after the blank emails I have just logged in to find my status is now unsuccessful after shortlisting. Ah well, maybe next time.

TeaTrain

Well I guess I will find out soon enough too! Will it be 4th time lucky??? Probably not! :lol:

Jack Duerden

Hi all, new to this forum, I also received 2 blank emails and then checked the "comeonboard" website to find status as "invited for telephone interview" so do check the site if you have these 2 emails.

TeaTrain

To add to the confusion I have checked the status which says 'invited for telephone interview' but have received no emails.

Calshaw21

To add to the confusion, I had one blank email and got invited to the telephone interview

RollingOn

Well done to all of you who have got to the telephone interview!

If anyone who lives outside of the allowed distance manages to get through, by saying they will relocate, can you please let us know. I never really know for sure where the TOCs stand on this. Cheers

Bellbell

Unsuccessful here too. Good luck to you with phone interviews and better luck next time to the rest of us.

Island Dave

Unsuccessful here aswell.
Would anyone that was successful in tel interview be willing to share some info on their personal statement? As in what were your main points and how many paragraphs long, any key words, what background your from? May help in the future again lol.

Claudius

Email today inviting me for telephone interview for the chester depot. I put on my personal statement that I am willing to relocate, I live 1hr 10 mins drive from Chester.

As for personal statement, I worked in the custodial sector. I went through job description and related what I think was my suitability to the role based on previous experiences.

Feel free to private message me if you’d like a bit more detail.

Bigndaft

I too received an email inviting me to the telephone interview. I applied for Holyhead also detailing my will to relocate as I currently live in Oxfordshire. I am currently in the RAF and like Claudius above I just referred to experiences both in and out of my career that could be used within a Train Driver role.

Jack Duerden

Well done to all of you who have got to the telephone interview!

If anyone who lives outside of the allowed distance manages to get through, by saying they will relocate, can you please let us know. I never really know for sure where the TOCs stand on this. Cheers

I live in London and made no secret of it, currently drive Piccadilly Line on the Underground. I stated in the person statement that I was willing to move and I have a telephone interview next week

Tubes88

Unsuccessful here aswell.
Would anyone that was successful in tel interview be willing to share some info on their personal statement? As in what were your main points and how many paragraphs long, any key words, what background your from? May help in the future again lol.
Sorry to hear that mate. In my statement I started off by saying why I wanted to become a train driver and work for ATW. Then I cited the job skills required as advertised in the job description, giving examples from my work history. Hope this helps and better luck next time.

Tubes88

To add to the confusion I have checked the status which says 'invited for telephone interview' but have received no emails.
You've probably already done this, but if not, I would email them. I received an email inviting me to the phone interview and it asks that you email back to confirm you will be able to attend so it's worth doing just so you can confirm.

Tubes88

Guys I've been invited to a phone interview. Is there anybody who could give any advice on what to expect and how best to prepare? Cheers

RollingOn

Thanks to all of you for sharing that, it is good to know that you can progress even if out of the desired distance. That will encourage me to keep trying. I am sure my application was just not good enough, I will continue building experience and try again.

Well done for getting through the sift, I'm sure that's a very difficult part of the process and good luck with the telephone interview!

Island Dave

Good luck to all of you in the next rounds going forward. To everyone else lets keep going!
In regards to the personal statement how much did you put in, as in similar to an A4 page say? one/two/three pages or did you keep it short and sweet ensuring bullet points are covered.

TeaTrain

Hi Island Dave. First and foremost unlucky for not getting through the sift this time. Just keep trying I am sure you will get there eventually! For myself this is the 4th time I am attempting to become a driver!

I don't think there is a specific formula here for how many pages etc. It is about being concise, answering the points/ job description in question. By giving relevant examples of life/ work experience it better shows you understand what they are asking from you, equally that you are capable of carrying out the role.

As for others asking about relocating. I relocated to Holyhead when I was a conductor. They were fine with it and even made sure I had moved properly. ATW is a very good company to work for. Albeit I have no idea for KeolisAmey.

Status
Not open for further replies.