• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TeaTrain

Yeh I am getting nervous as well now. Mine is tomorrow so will just have to wait and see how it goes...

What made you say its stressful? The actual interview process or what they asked?

seddon

Yeh I am getting nervous as well now. Mine is tomorrow so will just have to wait and see how it goes...

What made you say its stressful? The actual interview process or what they asked?
Sitting waiting for the phone to ring. It rang after the hour slot was over.
Just wondering if enough was said etc.
Question s where straight forward and as expected.

TeaTrain

Well if you had anticipated the questions correctly etc then I am sure you did well!

Did it the interview last 15mins? I expect it would last longer tbh.

Bigndaft

I was told the interview woukd last 15 mins, mine lasted for 50!

Questions were typical tbh, just make sure you know the company, role, routes and are able to provide examples of experiences.

Good luck all.

Last edited:

seddon

Mine was a couple of minutes over the 15
Just kept talking on the questions that were asked .
So will see. Who knows.

seddon

Well if you had anticipated the questions correctly etc then I am sure you did well!

Did it the interview last 15mins? I expect it would last longer tbh.
Good luck tomorrow.
Don't panic if the phone doesn't ring straight away within your time slot.

seddon

No just ATW.
But he did ask about the franchise and if I knew what the company taking over was called.

TeaTrain

I see. Thanks for your honesty. I may of spent too much time on learning about the new franchise as well then! Doesn’t bode well!

seddon

I see. Thanks for your honesty. I may of spent too much time on learning about the new franchise as well then! Doesn’t bode well!
Don't sweat it. the interviewer led the questions there was nothing really that hasn't been discussed on here .
You can always do more ,but I do feel you can't cover every eventuality in a 15 minute interview, mine was just over 17 mins.and I waffled on as best I could. It's always easier when you read your notes but it all goes out the window in the moment.
Good luck

TeaTrain

Yeh your right. Thanks for the encouragement! Well at least it will be over and done with tomorrow!

TeaTrain

Well that was a disaster! The phone cut off and they were very strict on the time. They asked me to move on to the next question sometimes and I didnt get to say certain things I wanted to. Ah well better luck next time!

seddon

You never know it may be because they heard enough on the question !
It could be positive.

Claudius

Thought I did OK, said what I needed to say. Don’t think I’ve done enough to get through to the next stage. I knew when and who was taking over the franchise but didn’t know the what the plans were going forwards. I did say that was a question I wanted to ask at the end because I was curious as to who would be taking on the role of recruitment and would jobs be safe etc...

Still, given it was my first app I am pleased I got through to the phone stage. If I don’t get through this time I have a rough idea of what to expect next time.

Best of luck to all those still in the process :)

Dec_10

The interviewer was brilliant, created a really good atmosphere which is great considering the circumstances and nerves. One or two of the questions may have caught me off guard but hey. To hear back next week with the result. Best of luck to all.

TeaTrain

I’m glad it went better for others. I certainly didnt get a vibe of a good atmosphere more being rushed. But thats just the way it is. I think if you come away feeling positive and that you got through everything you wanted to say then it will go well for you.

:) good luck everyone.

TeaTrain

Also I had two interviewers and I was on loudspeaker. I spoke to two Driver Managers from Cardiff.

Dec_10

I had one DM asking the questions but it was obvious another was in the room when the DM referred to ‘us’ on a few occasions. My interview lasted 40minutes. Good job I had the phone charged.

Claudius

I had one DM asking the questions but it was obvious another was in the room when the DM referred to ‘us’ on a few occasions. My interview lasted 40minutes. Good job I had the phone charged.

Wow fair play I thought I was pushing it at 24 mins.

TeaTrain

I dont understand why others were 40, 50 and 27 mins etc. I really felt that I was forced to meet the 15 min deadline. Its a little frustrating to hear that others were given more of an oppurtunity to speak and take their time.

Im not sure if me being a previous member of staff made a difference to the tone of the interview.

seddon

I definitely only had one interviewer .
A conversation with three people could be longer than two? Perhaps.?

GLENMAYE77

Well that’s my phone interview done.....17 minutes of potential waffle. Hope it’s good enough, although why is it you think of hundreds of things to say after the things over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.