• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bigndaft

I've been invited to attend an interview at Holyhead on the 22nd. Nerves beginning to set in now.

Dec_10

Well done and all the best for the interview ahead! Mines the day after but in Chester.

Pintpuller

Chatting to several people in HH about the conductor and train driver posts and I was a bit gutted when majority of them have said it's not what you know it's definitely who you know in arriva :(

sw1ller

Established Member
Chatting to several people in HH about the conductor and train driver posts and I was a bit gutted when majority of them have said it's not what you know it's definitely who you know in arriva :(

Absolute nonesense.

JetStream

Rubbish. It's the perception, fine, but it's not embedded in reality.

GLENMAYE77

Has anybody got an idea of the likely questions for the interview?

Been researching around some of the other threads and picking up on the usual “Give a time where you have.....?” Type questions.

I’m guessing it’s along those lines unless someone knows differently??

Claudius

Tomorrow too, felt I’ve prepared as much as possible, always think I could prepare more but then you just get swamped down.

Best of luck to you all

Bigndaft

How did it go today? Questions much as expected?

Apologies for the late reply, I had a 9hr round trip for my interview.

Questions were mostly scenario based questions, nothing too left of field.

Good luck to everyone else with their interviews this week.

Dec_10

I done mine earlier this afternoon. Fairly happy - 1/2 questions which I had to think about but hey. Really good panel - friendly and as you would want a interviewing panel to be.

They stated that the Chester positions are now for a talent pool due a very recent change in recruitment needs where they ade prioritising Holyhead and another depot infront of Chester. They did say this could change with plans all being up in the air at the moment with the transformation.

They also said we should hear back at some stage nextweek.

Craig37

I done mine earlier this afternoon. Fairly happy - 1/2 questions which I had to think about but hey. Really good panel - friendly and as you would want a interviewing panel to be.

They stated that the Chester positions are now for a talent pool due a very recent change in recruitment needs where they ade prioritising Holyhead and another depot infront of Chester. They did say this could change with plans all being up in the air at the moment with the transformation.

I was told that Holyhead is now a talent pool position only. Has Anybody else who's had an interview in Holyhead today been told the same?

Claudius

Yes, I found the panel very friendly too, made you feel very much at ease. Cannot really add anything to that, I was under the impression that it'd be a couple of weeks to hear back on the basis that they are honouring an interview for someone who's out of the country at the moment. Fingers crossed now!

Dec_10

I apologise for the spelling but I believe the other depot to be Machynleff?? I’ve never heard of the place without appearing arrogant/rude if anyone is from there reading this.

Bigndaft

I was told that Holyhead is now a talent pool position only. Has Anybody else who's had an interview in Holyhead today been told the same?

Yeah I was told the same during my interview. The course for this recruiting run was initially planned for the end of Oct, however ATW have had to release personnel currently in the talent pool for this course. Everyone interviewed last week will be for the talent pools, no course planned for the foreseeable. They did mention that Holyhead will be their priority for the time being, but I guess it all comes down to what Keolis want to do, as they have mentioned increasing the train numbers as well as personnel numbers.

sw1ller

Established Member
I see there’s been a few nice emails sent out today. Congratulations to those that have made it through. Nothing for Chester and the coast though as there’s still interviews to do next week.

Sheridan

Could be quite short notice as the assessment centre is next week! Or will there be another one now holyhead is only recruiting for a talent pool?

sw1ller

Established Member
I would say the assessments will be quite staggered. When I went through they only had enough space to accommodate 4 people at a time. Could take a couple of weeks to get everyone through.

Bigndaft

I've been constantly jumping on to my phone checking every email that comes in :|

sw1ller

Established Member
I've been constantly jumping on to my phone checking every email that comes in :|

I assume you went for the Holyhead position. I wouldn’t be too concerned about it yet. Friday onwards possibly. Don’t stress yaself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.