• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Trainee train driver vacancies

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Fwiw its worth a lot of guards had training days or were sent out on to the station to assist with customer service duties! But yes, you do make a good point.

True, but down here there's only so much you can do with 300 guards in one place...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

red2005

To be fair, everything I know about good eating spots on the railways came from you guys up front! :D

Being serious though, I wonder how many guards have gone for this job, and other internal staff?

Ha ditto they were the first people i spoke to when i was a guard about potential breakfast locations he he he.

A hell of a lot is what i am thinking mate.

craigybagel

Established Member
Ha ditto they were the first people i spoke to when i was a guard about potential breakfast locations he he he.

A hell of a lot is what i am thinking mate.

I should be nice, one even bought me breakfast at Wrexham once :wub:

craigybagel

Established Member
flipping eck what is your secret? you got one to part with their money!!!!????? lol

How to keep your driver happy - Always be quick to open the doors, and keep them supplied with hot water and football results. Seems to work! <D

craigybagel

Established Member
Expect some traction guys (pardon the pun) - one of my applications has kicked up as unsuccessful after shortlisting, so keep updated on your application statuses. Hopefully the second application won't suffer the same fate :|

Was that for one of the coast depots? One would expect there to be fewer applications for there. Hard luck either way, hopefully the lack of news on your other application is a good sign.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Smaller population area but less jobs available on that sort of money - so attracts a fair few applications!

TDK

Established Member
Was that for one of the coast depots? One would expect there to be fewer applications for there. Hard luck either way, hopefully the lack of news on your other application is a good sign.

These vacancies are very sought after and the quality of applicants is extremely high, a lot higher than normal from the people I know who have applied.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
1/3 depots rejected. Problem is I can't remember which depot was which vacancy number

D-P-1990

1/3 depots rejected. Problem is I can't remember which depot was which vacancy number

Me neither! Based on location, I think my rejected one was Llandudno Junction, the one remaining being Chester which is 20 mins from me at most.
(Rejected application was A15/250)

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Me neither! Based on location, I think my rejected one was Llandudno Junction, the one remaining being Chester which is 20 mins from me at most.
(Rejected application was A15/250)

Interesting - my rejection was 251...

craigybagel

Established Member
These vacancies are very sought after and the quality of applicants is extremely high, a lot higher than normal from the people I know who have applied.

Oh I know, I'm not trying to knock any of the depots or the people who applied for them! I just meant that given there are much more people living within an hour of Chester depot than for the other two depots there are bound to be more applications to deal with.

I too know of several applicants for these jobs (3 for Chester only, 1 for all 3) and they also should be very high quality applicants.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Mind me asking where you're based roughly? I'm the other side of Mold. Either way, two separate rejections possibly show they're thinking of location first?

Cardiff - applied with the intention of relocation. So I don't think that helps you I'm afraid!!

sw1ller

Established Member
My mate has just had his rejection Email too. He's just leaving the RAF too so he would be an ideal candidate. The quality of applicants must be very high! He's gone for the Chester one too I think. I'm waiting on mine still.

craigybagel

Established Member

tiptoptaff

Established Member
As far as I can tell, 250 is Llandudno Junction, 251 is Holyhead and 252 is Chester

Sounds about right - I really wanted HHD - would love to have driven the LHCS, there's still time in my career I suppose!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I am wondering whether we'll get separate rejections for each depot, or do we have to take it as no for one is no for all?

Edit, second rejection, 250... :(

Last edited:

D-P-1990

Sounds about right - I really wanted HHD - would love to have driven the LHCS, there's still time in my career I suppose!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I am wondering whether we'll get separate rejections for each depot, or do we have to take it as no for one is no for all?

Edit, second rejection, 250... :(

My 252 (Chester?) is still shortlisting. Seems like they're certainly rolling out the decisions now though. Best of luck and fingers crossed for your third mate

red2005

My mate has just had his rejection Email too. He's just leaving the RAF too so he would be an ideal candidate. The quality of applicants must be very high! He's gone for the Chester one too I think. I'm waiting on mine still.

Well he's coming from a decent background yes but unfortunately with these numbers there's thousands of "Ideal candidates" so everything about his application would of had to absolutely perfect, if not it's the bin unfortunately no matter what industry he has come from :(

D-P-1990

Well he's coming from a decent background yes but unfortunately with these numbers there's thousands of "Ideal candidates" so everything about his application would of had to absolutely perfect, if not it's the bin unfortunately no matter what industry he has come from :(

I'm coming from an extensive health and safety, safety rule, LV/mechanical background and I'm not getting my hopes up in the slightest for this very reason! Can only cross fingers :)

red2005

I'm coming from an extensive health and safety, safety rule, LV/mechanical background and I'm not getting my hopes up in the slightest for this very reason! Can only cross fingers :)

I'm sure you will be fine buddy, It is really a game of luck where even sometimes the perfect application doesn't get through. So much has to be in your favour, your location, your background, your application, the person interviewing you etc etc etc it is a tough old process but keep your wits about you and you will be fine.

To a certain extent you make your own luck though ;) good luck pal.

Last edited:

kelv

have there only been rejections so far ?

what about folk that have recently sat tests ? will they go through to the next shortlisting on account of it doesnt cost the company anything ?

D-P-1990

As 252 is Chester I'd assume this is still open for everyone seeing as there's likely to be more applicants, due to central location? Fingers are crossed but not keeping my hopes up, as someone already said, it's very much a game of luck to get past the shortlisting stage, then skills/interview personality etc comes into it?

Status
Not open for further replies.