• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Trainee Train Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioFlyer2

Under status mine still just says "submitted" even though I've had a telephone interview? Nothing has chan
My status still says Submitted.

My status still says submitted too
My previous attempt where i didn’t get a phone interview says USLE.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

snowdonwhite

Cheers for that...

Under status it says Unsuccessful after telephone interview – (external)

Cutting it fine as Inerviews are wednesday. On-line video sounds like a nightmare. How did your phone interview go??
yeah - on-line video was so unnatural, just talking to yourself effectively! Not sure how my on-line phone interview went......difficult to judge really. Just keeping my fingers crossed now.......

Mr Rottweiler

Keep your phones handy all as TfW are phoning people to let them know they've passed to the next stage (for Crewe depot at least). Despite my phone interview only lasting 12 minutes (was sure I failed!) I'm through to next stage.

Good luck all!

BraneSirJin

Keep your phones handy all as TfW are phoning people to let them know they've passed to the next stage (for Crewe depot at least). Despite my phone interview only lasting 12 minutes (was sure I failed!) I'm through to next stage.

Good luck all!

Did you get email or just phone call? Absolutely no signal here!

Mr Rottweiler

Well done mate. Time will tell! What sort of interview is it did they say?

Thanks! I didn't ask as just assumed it will be a normal interview just with a lot more of the usual questions you'd get in interviews (which was the impression I got from the initial phone interview email invite). It was just a quick call to advise I'm through and to confirm the preferred date.

Boxhead

Hi,
I had my telephone interview last week and have a face to face interview this week.

Any tips please? I've seen on other threads the interviews referred to as MMI and DMI etc.

I get what they are and I'm assuming that the face to face interview will be questions about the company, depots, train lines etc, the role of a driver and so on and so forth? I'm guessing they will also want examples of where I've been in a situation where I had to avert danger or cope with stress etc?

Does anyone have any more info?

RadioFlyer2

I have just got an email (not a phone call) to say ive passed and my interview is the 30th and confirming the time etc. Nervous! But delighted

Leavesontrack

Thanks. I'll let you know what the interview was like whether I pass or fail so that you have a better chance next time! Keep at it.
Good luck people!

na forget about that, just tell me what you said word for word in the telephone interview :D

Tom d

Have a couple of good question for them too. Not, how much holiday and pay do we get, try to get a little technical without sounding like a spotter. Make yourself memorable.

What do u mean by spotter ??? Train spotter ?

sw1ller

Established Member
What do u mean by spotter ??? Train spotter ?

Yes mate. Some people are not keen on employing them. I’m not sure of the reason and the only thing I can think of is distraction.

Distraction is (probably) the leading cause of SPADs. So if there’s a particular steam train at or near a busy part of the railway, you want the driver to be wholly focused on the job in hand.

That’s not to say I’ve met anyone in the roll that isn’t completely focused, even if they are a spotter.

snowdonwhite

Good luck all!
Well done and good luck for the F2F - not heard anything so far.......still keeping fingers crossed though!

Boxhead

I had my face to face interview today. I think it went OK, but who knows?
The questions were similar to the phone interview ones and then they asked a few scenario/evidence based questions.
Try to remember the STAR acronym...
Situation
Task
Action you took
Result.

Good luck everyone.

BraneSirJin

The questions were similar to the phone interview ones and then they asked a few scenario/evidence based questions.
Situation
Task
Action you took
Result.

Good luck everyone.
Was it like the mmi and u gave examples before hand and they asked u or was it blind questions?

Caden2017

Evening All

Did anyone get an indication of when the results of the face to face interview will be determined?

cheers

richfoz84

The email suggests the 3rd stage assessment in Cardiff is scheduled mid November so I would think fairly swiftly, maybe a week or so after the F2F

RadioFlyer2

Situation
Task
Action you took
Result.

Good luck everyone.

Did they ask you what you knew about the company?
If so what kind of depths are we talking like a few basic facts or do they probe it further?

Status
Not open for further replies.