• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast rebrand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Goldfish62

Established Member
They didn't. The Virgin logo was quite understated, really.

Avanti have the same branding more than once on each coach, which definitely is overbranded and looks really tacky. Typical First, with the (f) everywhere, really, similar to SWR - is it the same design house?
Yes, it was designed by ForPeople, who also did SWR.

Mathew S

Established Member
They definitely need a fitter to sort-out the coupling cover on 390155
I'm pretty sure it's been like that for a while. There was a spell a few years ago when they were all taken off and replaced (after the units running around without them for a while) and since then I've noticed they don't seem to fit as flush with the rest of the bodyshell as they used to.

pt_mad

Established Member
They didn't. The Virgin logo was quite understated, really.

Avanti have the same branding more than once on each coach, which definitely is overbranded and looks really tacky. Typical First, with the (f) everywhere, really, similar to SWR - is it the same design house?
Virgin had their logo twice on each coach on the MK3 original livery though. And large at each end.

Last edited:
Was through crewe earlier and the only signs of Avanti were staff uniforms (very low key, dark colours with avanti logo on chest) and a couple of posters haphazardly stuck near the ticket office.

For such an important hub, Crewe station is dreadful.

I think I’ve probably become hardened to it over the years. Probably for another thread, but it needs a hell of a lot more than a superficial rebranding. The roof on platform 1 has been leaking for years.

childwallblues

Established Member
Both new liveried Pendolinos were noted in service at Stafford today.
390155 went north on a Euston-Birmingham- Scotland service ahilst 390156 eas on the 1307? Euston-liverpool service.

Trainfan2019

I think I’ve probably become hardened to it over the years. Probably for another thread, but it needs a hell of a lot more than a superficial rebranding. The roof on platform 1 has been leaking for years.

Yes, the only station I know where the use of an umbrella is required when walking under the roof!

I noticed Avanti staff yesterday morning at Crewe handing leaflets and giveaways in boxes out to passengers up the stairs. I presume this was more important for the new franchise holder than fixing the roof.

Goldfish62

Established Member
Yes, the only station I know where the use of an umbrella is required when walking under the roof!

I noticed Avanti staff yesterday morning at Crewe handing leaflets and giveaways in boxes out to passengers up the stairs. I presume this was more important for the new franchise holder than fixing the roof.
Surely the roof is the responsibility of Network Rail.

Well, I for one love the new livery. Can’t wait to see one at New Street while I’m loitering on the platforms waiting for my return workings lol

pt_mad

Established Member
I suspect Crewe station could be a listed building which can sometimes prevent massive amounts of modernisation?

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
I suspect Crewe station could be a listed building which can sometimes prevent massive amounts of modernisation?

........ but it doesn't stop them fixing the roof. It's biggest problem is it can't be seen by the naked eye from London (or from a first class seat on a passing Pendolino).

xc170

Virgin had their logo twice on each coach on the MK3 original livery though. And large at each end.

Same as the Pendolino, Virgin logo on each door window and one large Virgin logo behind the cab...

They've had the franchise since Sunday, give them chance!

brick60000

Dispatch staff at Stafford wearing hi vis this morning, not sure if that’s been mentioned anywhere else. Must say I think that’s quite a shame, VTs uniform did a great job at standing out without requiring Hi-Vis.

Dispatch staff at Stafford wearing hi vis this morning, not sure if that’s been mentioned anywhere else. Must say I think that’s quite a shame, VTs uniform did a great job at standing out without requiring Hi-Vis.

That’s what happens when your uniforms are a dull grey!

Darandio

Established Member

They can wear a banana costume for all i care, it's the service that matters.

Hazlehead

That’s what happens when your uniforms are a dull grey!
Except that the uniform is Navy Blue! Only reason they are wearing Hi Vis to stand out from passengers on platform whilst carrying out despatch after concerns were raised especially in bad weather/ darkness. The old red coats/jackets made it easier to distinguish

Dr Hoo

Established Member
There’s even an Avanti dog bowl.
Saw one at Oxenholme. I thought that managing the re-branding but then not actually putting any water in it for thirsty dogs sends a strong message about priorities and attention to detail.

brick60000

Likely Avanti branded. GWR and SWR high vis is specific to the company.

Yeah, they’re AWC branded. I’m surprised they didn’t go for uniforms that were in the orange / lighter green colours for non-train staff, with a different colour used for onboard. Always quite liked the distinction!

Yes, it’s the service that matters ultimately but I can’t help but think hi-vis just makes it look less welcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.