• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast Trainee Train Driver Euston and Wolverhampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigerkenco

I was told yesterday that I have been successful and they’ll be in touch in January with course details. I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone on the forum. I have benefited hugely from the wisdom, kindness and camaraderie shared here. I hope this is representative of the industry itself.

Tigerkenco, I’m sorry to hear you weren’t successful this time but take solace in the fact you made it to the finish line. A major achievement in itself! You’ll smash it next time!
Thanks Northernboy, good luck with the training.. it is tough to take but I would never have got this far without the help from this forum as well so thank you to everyone who contributed. I’ll make sure I’m even better prepared next time.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SB2015

I was told yesterday that I have been successful and they’ll be in touch in January with course details. I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone on the forum. I have benefited hugely from the wisdom, kindness and camaraderie shared here. I hope this is representative of the industry itself.

Tigerkenco, I’m sorry to hear you weren’t successful this time but take solace in the fact you made it to the finish line. A major achievement in itself! You’ll smash it next time!
Congratulations Northernboy I too have been successful this year and I will be starting my course in February, where will you be based?

Northernboy

Congratulations Northernboy I too have been successful this year and I will be starting my course in February, where will you be based?
Well done SB2015. I’ll be based at Euston. The February course is full but there’s the possibility of a March course so I may not be far behind you.
Where will you be based?

Jimbo67

Congrats Northernboy.. I've also been successful (for Euston) and awaiting course details in January. Maybe see you in Crewe !

SB2015

Has anybody been given a course start date of 15.02.21? (From the initial applications) what do you think the likelihood is of the course going ahead?

Has anybody been given a course start date of 15.02.21? (From the initial applications) what do you think the likelihood is of the course going ahead?
Mine was rescheduled from April to June but I think that was after your course was moved forwards from January. I think they'll do their best to get the courses going but it's the cab hours and route learning which is proving an issue at the moment.

SB2015

Yeah I’m guessing it will be moved I’m luckily in a position that I can keep my job on at the station until such time as the course starts but I feel for the ones who need to put their notices in

Yeah I’m guessing it will be moved I’m luckily in a position that I can keep my job on at the station until such time as the course starts but I feel for the ones who need to put their notices in
Have you heard anything about your course?

Received the following, earlier today. Frustrating but understandable given the way of the world at present. Good luck to those starting at the Wolverhampton course shortly.

"I’m just writing with an update on your application to Avanti West Coast. Further to our email a few months ago now, unfortunately at the moment, there are still no vacancies at Wolverhampton. Therefore, Avanti West Coast would like to keep your application within their talent pool for a further few months whilst their on-going requirements are being evaluated during these difficult times.

I understand that this will be disappointing news for you, however we will be in touch should any new vacancies open up again soon."

Received the following, earlier today. Frustrating but understandable given the way of the world at present. Good luck to those starting at the Wolverhampton course shortly.

"I’m just writing with an update on your application to Avanti West Coast. Further to our email a few months ago now, unfortunately at the moment, there are still no vacancies at Wolverhampton. Therefore, Avanti West Coast would like to keep your application within their talent pool for a further few months whilst their on-going requirements are being evaluated during these difficult times.

I understand that this will be disappointing news for you, however we will be in touch should any new vacancies open up again soon."
I wouldn't lose too much hope, the future roles are certainly there but given how long it is taking for some of the training there is a bottle neck at the moment. All the best with it though.

I wouldn't lose too much hope, the future roles are certainly there but given how long it is taking for some of the training there is a bottle neck at the moment. All the best with it though.
Got fingers in two other pies so hopefully I'll get the chance to attend OPC, or equivalent, at some point this year.

Thanks for the encouraging words. Good luck in your career bud.

Northernboy

No start date yet. It’s probably going to be the end of the year before they can offer more courses. I think they’re struggling (like every TOC at the moment) to get enough trainees in the cab.

dereksingh291

On Moderation
Hi guys I'm new to this forum, I am interested in becoming a train driver, I would like to know when Avanti West Coast will be recruiting for Trainee Train Drivers for Wolverhampton as I live in Birmingham as Wolverhampton isn't too far from Birmingham? Also where do Avanti West Coast carry out training for Trainee Train Drivers & how long did it take from application to job offer? Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards.

Hi guys I'm new to this forum, I am interested in becoming a train driver, I would like to know when Avanti West Coast will be recruiting for Trainee Train Drivers for Wolverhampton as I live in Birmingham as Wolverhampton isn't too far from Birmingham? Also where do Avanti West Coast carry out training for Trainee Train Drivers & how long did it take from application to job offer? Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards.
Their most recent trainee recruitment drive was last April, for Wolverhampton. They progressed with a fair few. There's still a number of people who met the required standards in their online tests waiting to be invited to the OPC, though I'm not holding my breath over this materialising.

class ep-09

Kind Regards.
Unfortunately there is no easy answer to your question.
When ?
Today, tomorrow , never ?
It is anyone guess , when that may happen ( perhaps Avanti HR people know but that is not given).
Any trainee train driver job is very, very oversubscribed ( going in to hundreds applicants per vacancy ).
The best advice one can give you is to visit every TOC’s requirement page , that is in your area, on regular basis ( for trainee drivers jobs , I’d suggest everyday ) , have your application ready and go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.