• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast Trainee Train Driver Euston and Wolverhampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DriverGB

Has anyone had an email from the The OPC either confirming they’re application or passed the questionnaire? and if someone can tell me when they submitted it, what did it say at the end

puffpuffgive

The end message reads:

Thank you for completing this online questionnaire and for your interest in Avanti West Coast. We will now get to work scoring your questionnaire! You will be contacted shortly.

The email reads:

Thank you for completing your application with Avanti West Coast. We're assessing your online questionnaire and we'll be in touch with you again within the next 10 working days.

DriverGB

The end message reads:

Thank you for completing this online questionnaire and for your interest in Avanti West Coast. We will now get to work scoring your questionnaire! You will be contacted shortly.

The email reads:

Thank you for completing your application with Avanti West Coast. We're assessing your online questionnaire and we'll be in touch with you again within the next 10 working days.
I only saw the end message but not the email when I done it

iwasyoungonce

The end message reads:

The email reads:

Same for me :D

Geeza3131

Friend of mine got this this morning after completion, I got the wait 10 days.

Attachments

• IMG-20200424-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20200424-WA0004.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 222

puffpuffgive

They might do score comparing with those who have been given the 10 day wait, taking just the top XXX scoring applicants

Octopus28

Well good luck to everyone...times are hard right now & this could change someone’s life :wub:

Stigy

Established Member
I sat CBI with Virgin and MMI with another TOC. Passed both but CBI was far harder, woman was trying to pick apart your answers saying they are no good and trying to fail you to put pressure on. Whereas MMI was impossible to fail was just used as a formality and was just a chat basically.
As far as I was aware the CBI and MMI are one and the same thing if used as part of the psychometric assessments, it’s just some (very few) use the CBI and others use the MMI? Having said that, a DMI is basically said Competency Based Interview, so maybe that’s what it was, just named differently? From your description it sounds as though your CBI was an MMI, hence why I’ve mentioned it?

TB01

I've just completed the test and straight away received an email from OPC saying I didn't meet the standard. I'm slightly surprised given the fact I always put safety first in the situations described. Shame there's no feedback so you can learn for next time....best of luck to all applying!

Stigy

Established Member
Just seen the starting salary...£40k a year for a trainee ain’t half bad! :)

Octopus28

I've just completed the test and straight away received an email from OPC saying I didn't meet the standard. I'm slightly surprised given the fact I always put safety first in the situations described. Shame there's no feedback so you can learn for next time....best of luck to all applying!
Could have been anything, I found the ‘agree and disagree’ comments the hardest to decipher! Don’t put yourself down, try again next time

TTDARL

Some people in the hope of guaranteeing a pass mark will put all of the answers based on what they think will pass the test. A lot of people think going safety first with every question will pass them when in fact it won’t. We are all human and have different views and opinions. The test requires total honesty based on your own views and not what you think they want to hear. The test is cleverly designed to decipher answers based on fact and / or fiction by candidates.
Not saying this is what you’ve done to be unsuccessful but worth just noting.

TonyMontana

I completed them a couple of hours go and haven't received anything, no application confirmation or anything. Makes me think did I put my email address in correctly. How long did you guys wait before receiving a thank you for your application email?

FManc

As far as I was aware the CBI and MMI are one and the same thing if used as part of the psychometric assessments, it’s just some (very few) use the CBI and others use the MMI? Having said that, a DMI is basically said Competency Based Interview, so maybe that’s what it was, just named differently? From your description it sounds as though your CBI was an MMI, hence why I’ve mentioned it?

I originally sat and passed all my psychometric tests at another TOC before applying for Virgin/Avanti. I received an email from the OPC and it turned out all of my scores reached their benchmark and I only needed to sit the dots test again (something got to do with accessing my previous results). The same email also mentioned that my MMI would not transfer across as a 'pass' for the CBI. When I politely asked the question why, they replied back and basically said there are subtle difference between the MMI and CBI hence why my MMI pass couldn't be used. As I mentioned I couldn't tell a massive difference after having sat and passed both (apart from when you get given the questions in paper format and have to briefly write your answers).
The DMI was separate to all this.

Octopus28

I completed them a couple of hours go and haven't received anything, no application confirmation or anything. Makes me think did I put my email address in correctly. How long did you guys wait before receiving a thank you for your application email?
Within 2/3 minutes I received the email xx

Octopus28

Some people in the hope of guaranteeing a pass mark will put all of the answers based on what they think will pass the test. A lot of people think going safety first with every question will pass them when in fact it won’t. We are all human and have different views and opinions. The test requires total honesty based on your own views and not what you think they want to hear. The test is cleverly designed to decipher answers based on fact and / or fiction by candidates.
Not saying this is what you’ve done to be unsuccessful but worth just noting.
Have to agree there...they want to see safety but also flexibility and using your initiative

StevieH

They are effectively the same idea scenario questions but they don't transfer over as a pass. I definitely sat CBI and did it with Virgin West coast and passed, then I applied with another TOC and they didn't accept it as a pass for MMI so I sat and passed that. As I say I found CBI far harder as in the interviewer was trying to fail you.

Stigy

Established Member
I originally sat and passed all my psychometric tests at another TOC before applying for Virgin/Avanti. I received an email from the OPC and it turned out all of my scores reached their benchmark and I only needed to sit the dots test again (something got to do with accessing my previous results). The same email also mentioned that my MMI would not transfer across as a 'pass' for the CBI. When I politely asked the question why, they replied back and basically said there are subtle difference between the MMI and CBI hence why my MMI pass couldn't be used. As I mentioned I couldn't tell a massive difference after having sat and passed both (apart from when you get given the questions in paper format and have to briefly write your answers).
The DMI was separate to all this.
That explains it then. Yes, I thought they were the same, just got confused and thought you took both with Virgin.

Octopus28

They are effectively the same idea scenario questions but they don't transfer over as a pass. I definitely sat CBI and did it with Virgin West coast and passed, then I applied with another TOC and they didn't accept it as a pass for MMI so I sat and passed that. As I say I found CBI far harder as in the interviewer was trying to fail you.
My MMI was like that though...constantly quizzing me on my answers and making me go back and repeat myself to make sure I wasn’t lying about my answers. Constantly trying to catch me out...for example; if I said I was driving my car, she would ask what speed I’d normally do and if I’d break the speed limit if I was late for work etc. All to see if I stuck to rules because on the railway, the speed limit must be adhered to at all times’

that was my experience of doing the MMI anyway...constantly asking and referring back to the NTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.