• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bad week for Greater Anglia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainfan344

Established Member
Read a bit of the Middleton Press book about the line from Ipswich to Saxmundham, saw the gradient profile, not exactly flat

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

christopher

I don't think that the Freight on the route helps GA at all for example on Sunday my Metro train from Romford was stuck behind a slow moving freight all the way to Stratford because it was put in front at Shenfield arriving into Stratford 30 mins late!

Anyone know why the fast lines seem to be shut on Sundays? Last couple of times I've used the train on a Sunday they've been shut.

tunster

Shut for engineering works.
They seem to do 2 - 3 month stints with the engineering work at weekends. Would be nice when they finish so I can at least get a train at Chelmsford rather than get a lift to Shenfield when going home back to London on a Sunday evening.

Seems like they're having a bad afternoon with a lack of stock running on the network and cancelling / altering trains.

iphone76

Next year there are only going to be a few weekend closures affecting the mainline.

The trade off is that on the Southend line we have the continuation of the Monday-Wednesday evening timetable where we have to change at Shenfield after 10pm. Then the Sunday timetable is starting at 9pm on Saturday nights.

Last edited:

Established Member
I can't understand the struggles. This line needs serious investment once GA get the long-term francise and quickly!
The short formations are fairly simple. Cut the fleet and attempt to run the rest harder - no great shock when come Autumn it goes about as smoothly as a lot of the wheelsets do at the moment! The list of units with motors cut out wasn't very pretty last time I saw it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.