Bad week for Greater Anglia

Discussion in 'UK Railway Discussion' started by elementalpat, 22 Nov 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trainfan344

Trainfan344 Established Member

Read a bit of the Middleton Press book about the line from Ipswich to Saxmundham, saw the gradient profile, not exactly flat

2. christopher

christopher Member

I don't think that the Freight on the route helps GA at all for example on Sunday my Metro train from Romford was stuck behind a slow moving freight all the way to Stratford because it was put in front at Shenfield arriving into Stratford 30 mins late!

Anyone know why the fast lines seem to be shut on Sundays? Last couple of times I've used the train on a Sunday they've been shut.

3. GB

GB Established Member

Shut for engineering works.

4. tunster

tunster Member

They seem to do 2 - 3 month stints with the engineering work at weekends. Would be nice when they finish so I can at least get a train at Chelmsford rather than get a lift to Shenfield when going home back to London on a Sunday evening.

Seems like they're having a bad afternoon with a lack of stock running on the network and cancelling / altering trains.

5. captainbigun

captainbigun Member

Been like that all week. A lot of peak short formations.

6. tunster

tunster Member

I can't understand the struggles. This line needs serious investment once GA get the long-term francise and quickly!

7. iphone76

iphone76 Member

Next year there are only going to be a few weekend closures affecting the mainline.

The trade off is that on the Southend line we have the continuation of the Monday-Wednesday evening timetable where we have to change at Shenfield after 10pm. Then the Sunday timetable is starting at 9pm on Saturday nights.

Last edited: 29 Nov 2012
  8. 87015

87015 Established Member

The short formations are fairly simple. Cut the fleet and attempt to run the rest harder - no great shock when come Autumn it goes about as smoothly as a lot of the wheelsets do at the moment! The list of units with motors cut out wasn't very pretty last time I saw it either.

9. MidnightFlyer

MidnightFlyer Veteran Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.