• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bedford to Leicester Groupsave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tivoli

Looking to travel as a group of 4, Bedford to Leicester and return on Sunday 4 November. EMT appear to offer Groupsave, but not for this journey, is there something I am missing?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

barrykas

Established Member
Groupsave on EMT is issued as a different ticket type (GR3 or GR4), rather than as a discount, and a quick look on BRFares.com shows that it's not available for that particular journey.

Qwerty133

Established Member
Groupsave on EMT is issued as a different ticket type (GR3 or GR4), rather than as a discount, and a quick look on BRFares.com shows that it's not available for that particular journey.

Groupsave is not available at Leicester according to signs on the tvms

Simon11

Established Member
Groupsave is not available at Leicester according to signs on the tvms

Groupsave is only available on emt services bedford to london. If you have a large group, I would advise calling them up to see what deals they can offer.

Edit:Appologies the above is incorrect. I always thought emt only had limited flows for gps

Last edited:

John @ home

Established Member
On EMT services, their form of GroupSave is available where Off-Peak Days Returns exist. They don't exist Bedford - Leicester: EMT think it's too far.

They do exist between Bedford and all intermediate stations (Wellingborough, Kettering and Market Harborough), and also between each of those stations and Leicester. One option is to buy two sets of tickets, for example:

BEDFORD STATIONS - MARKET HARBORO route ANY PERMITTED GroupSave Day 4 (GR4) £32.40. Restriction B1.
MARKET HARBORO - LEICESTER route ANY PERMITTED GroupSave Day 4 (GR4) £18.20. Restriction B1.
Total (for 4 people) £50.60.

But this combination is valid only by trains which stop at the station where you change from using one ticket to using the other. You can't use non-stop Bedford - Leicester trains.

MCR247

Established Member
I don't think there is any fast ones - it's just 1tph on the Nottingham slow which calls at all intermediate stations

louis97

Established Member
Groupsave is only available on emt services bedford to london. If you have a large group, I would advise calling them up to see what deals they can offer.

In fact Groupsave is actually not valid at all on EMT services just between Bedford/Luton and London, it is valid on FCC only.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
In fact Groupsave is actually not valid at all on EMT services just between Bedford/Luton and London, it is valid on FCC only.
I disagree.

Trains are valid on any operator unless there is a route restriction printed on the ticket. NRCoC Condition 10.

I suggest we agree to disagree on this matter as the subject has been done to death previously with no unanimous agreement. My views have not, and will not, change on that matter! ;)

tivoli

Thank you for replies. Will put it to the vote, but unfortunately feel consensus will be to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.