• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Belfast anytime singles

Status
Not open for further replies.

trivran

Would I be right in saying that these tickets no longer exist except within Scotland? Shame as they were rather good value, IIRC £35 from London to Belfast.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
You mean SailRail tickets? They still exist for all sorts of journeys throughout GB to NI.

najaB

Veteran Member
Would I be right in saying that these tickets no longer exist except within Scotland? Shame as they were rather good value, IIRC £35 from London to Belfast.
As Anytime Singles, yes - they are only available on the Stenaline Cairnryan-Belfast route. The other routes to the Emerald Isle (Liverpool-Belfast, Holyhead-Dublin, Fishguard-Rosslare) are all issued as Sailrail Standby or Off-Peak tickets, again with Stenaline or Irish Ferries.

They are available from all stations in the mainland through to most stations in both Northern Ireland and the Republic.

Last edited:

embers25

Established Member
You mean SailRail tickets? They still exist for all sorts of journeys throughout GB to NI.

The Standard singles and returns don't show on BrFares any more with just advances showing but you can still buy them from Scotrail!

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
We had a discussion about this a few weeks ago. There are now Advance fares at the same price as the Anytime Day Single, although it's unclear whether or not you can actually purchase the Advance far (and who would ever want to given it's the same price)

For some reason the Advance fares are in BRfares but not the Anytime ones although bith show in Avantix Traveller.

Bavarian

The Standard singles and returns don't show on BrFares any more with just advances showing but you can still buy them from Scotrail!

Blimey, this does seem to work again!

A few weeks ago I tried to book one from London to Belfast and it only offered the Advance variety. Back then I thought they might have changed this on purpose, since the fares were often abused as "Cheap Anytime Singles" from London to Scotland...

Status
Not open for further replies.