• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bishop Auckland to Saltburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darandio

Established Member
I have really been getting into Rail Simulator recently and have started to learn the editor a lot more. I am seriously thinking about doing the Bishop Auckland to Saltburn route and have done the track in and around Darlington station to reflect the modern day layout. I shall see how far I can get with it in my spare time and hopefully release it, ideally when there is more relevant stock that can be used on the route.

Attachments

• Darlington South Approach.jpg
    Darlington South Approach.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 89
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LilLoaf

hi i'm from around Newcastle and have past through Darlo many times. Track layout looks correct it will be an interesting route. Hope you get the corrct scenery (well more or less its not going to be exact i realise).

Be interesting to see what the steel works around the bourgh looks like.

Darandio

Established Member
http://dereksiddle.blogspot.com/

RSDLs Derek Siddle is doing the area around parts of there.

AFAIK, Derek is concentrating more on the Bishop Auckland and Weardale area, i.e west of Bishop Auckland, concentrating on the line that is no longer there.

As far as track laying goes, it is progressing well, as far north-west as North Road and south east to Allens West with the intermediate stations of Dinsdale, Teesside Airport and Allens West in place. I have also slightly modified Darlington South from the screenshot to lengthen the loop on the east of the mainline.

Last edited:

Darandio

Established Member
Now as far as Eaglescliffe, but that has to be it for tonight.

Attachments

• Eaglescliffe.jpg
    Eaglescliffe.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 44

Darandio

Established Member
I am now becoming a lot more committed to this project and am making more progress. Nearly at Thornaby one way and to Heighington the other where I have started a bit of scenery.

Attachments

• Heighington.jpg
    Heighington.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 35

Darandio

Established Member
After a while away from RS due to other commitments, I decided today to practice a bit more by starting to fill in some scenery and build Eaglescliffe station.

Attachments

• GC Eaglescliffe.jpg
    GC Eaglescliffe.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 36
  • GC Eaglescliffe 2.jpg
    GC Eaglescliffe 2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 25

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Looking good! But does the HST sound real or is it one of those poxy sounds that sounds nothing like a HST?! That has always been one of my pet hates about simming and modelling, nothing sounds right.

Good work so far though. So is that Bishops Auckland to Eaglescliffe done now? If so, it doesn't appear to have taken as long as I'd have thought such a project would do.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Ta for those, at least things are better than they were. When this sim first came out I was looking forward to storming along the GWML on a HST with proper sounds (the one in Trainz sounds horrible!), but got rather disappointed. Things aren't perfect yet, but at least they've improved.

Darandio

Established Member
I have now finally figured out how to put pictures on the thread. :D

Darlington East Approach

28u34w6.jpg

Darlington North Approach

35d56ht.jpg

Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Wow, Darlo's looking good on there! I only did Darlo to Eaglescliffe on a 185 in the dark in November, so I don't recall the scenery much (it got lighter by Tees-side Airport (it's in my Baker as that, that's what I'm calling it) so I managed to see that and not much else!

Keep up the good work.

Darandio

Established Member
Continuing where I left off last night.

Newton Aycliffe

vh6h35.jpg

Heighington

14xfgd5.jpg

Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Thought it was, then I thought I might have imagined it.

Is there some little narrow-guage railway thingy next to North Road? I'm sure I saw something going on there with a steam loco of minute size when I passed by it.

Darandio

Established Member
Decided to start furnishing Darlington station this morning, not a great deal that can be done really, just signage and seats etc.

An NXEC HST waiting to depart platform 1 with a Northern Rail service setting down in Platform 2

2s0o5z6.jpg

A XC HST awaits having just arrived in Platform 4

14ifnua.jpg

I am presuming a narrow guage thing next to North Road will be part of the museum.

Darandio

Established Member
TBH I didn't, I haven't really been looking out for downloads due to concentrating on building this route. Thanks for the heads up.

While I am here, might as well post the next one.

Dinsdale

c5dn4.jpg

And I thought I might as well add a real life shot for reference.

mloabb.jpg

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Not bad, fair play. I do wonder what posessed the creator of the AXC reskin to number the power car 43015.

Dinsdale looks good, I passed through in near total darkness so I have no memory of it from my first trip through it in November this year. Comparing it then with the real-life photo, the simulated Dinsdale looks good! :D

Darandio

Established Member
As always, thanks for the comments.
Tonight I have at least proved that the distances are more or less correct on the route. I drove the 166 from Eaglescliffe to Newton Aycliffe, a journey that takes around 34 minutes and I managed to keep to the Northern Rail timetable throughout.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
The only thing I'd suggest is using a 142 (if available) as that's what they seem to use more than anything on the line. Turbos are geared for faster accleration than a 142 I believe, so would be easier to keep to time.

Darandio

Established Member
Unfortunately, there isn't a 142 available yet, there was a WIP but that seems to have stalled. I did try to accomodate the faster accelaration but obviously time will tell if I get to try a 142 on the route.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
We can now move back to Newton Aycliffe because there has been another development, I have figured out how to do signs!!! The do need to be a bit smaller though but I am working on it!

t0sq36.jpg

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I have now managed to make them smaller and reckon they look a lot better.

64i7w1.jpg

Darandio

Established Member
After a brief period of submitting no screens, here are a couple more. The main reason for lack of them has been me restarting the route, a brave or stupid decision, this hasn't been decided yet. The main reason for this was that I finally learned how to input route markers, which although the route was pretty accurate already, meant that I could give myself as many markers as possible, not just for the track, but surrounding objects etc. All is not lost though, since restarting, all of what you see in the above posts in this thread is now back in the route plus more so it is business as usual.

A Couple Of Shots From Middlesbrough

2q3n29e.jpg

odcoy.jpg

There are still a few things I need to work on, but overall I am happy with the way the route is now progressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.