• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bml 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

iansergeant

I gather from RAIL that Theresa Villiers has written back to Brian Hart regarding BML 2, and asked how extra paths between New Cross and London Bridge could be handled. What are people's thoughts? Is this practical?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I gather from RAIL that Theresa Villiers has written back to Brian Hart regarding BML 2, and asked how extra paths between New Cross and London Bridge could be handled. What are people's thoughts? Is this practical?

It may be that some people here (including myself :oops:) don't know what BML 2 stands for. Can you (or somebody else) please provide more info?

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Yes, with regards to the thorny issue of getting to London I think the plan is to re-instate the Elmers End - Selsdon route ro that trains could use the Hayes Branch. North of this you come to Lewisham where there are currently three options.

1 Take the usual route via the Suburban lines into London Bridge. I suspect this is a non-starter since these are already very busy with trains from Orpington and Dartford.

2 Take the spur onto the fast lines into London Bridge. These are already very busy, although it might be easier to thread things through with the Thameslink re-modelling.

3 Take the route via Nunhead. With this route there would still be pathing conflicts at Lewisham with Dartford/Orpington - London Bridge trains, and the route is quite a long deviation. On the plus side, there is presumably capacity between Nunhead and the Chatham side of Victoria (which has always been a bit quieter than the other Southern terminals), since the withdrawal of Eurostar.

Looking at google Earth it occured to me that it might be possible to build a spur at Catford between the Hayes Branch and the Catford loop. This would remove the deviation through Lewisham and some of the pathing conflicts there. I know it's more building work but if you're going to build the rest :)

iansergeant

Have shifted the discussion to the thread Dave suggested (thanks) - which I didn't find when searching...

Status
Not open for further replies.