• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Borderlands Line question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeGJ1984

I noticed that the trains on the Borderlands Line arrive at Wrexham Central from Bidston at xx32 and leave Wrexham Central for Bidston at xx30. Is this the same train? So if I take the 0927 from Wrexham General arriving at Wrexham Central at 0932, can I take the 0930 from Wrexham Central to Bidston? Or would I need a DeLorean to do the above :D?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Judging by RTT (the inbound at 1432 having arrived at 1429, and not gone back out until 1432) and because it's a single line into one platform I think it is the same train and there is some particularly naughty recovery time going on here.

Must admit I've not seen a case like this on the railway before - I thought it was a Ryanair thing!

Edit: the WTT has the inbound arriving at xx29 and the outbound leaving at xx32. Very naughty! :)

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Barry Island is the same. Simply the case that the advertised change to the public timetable take it 'beyond' the return working. As shown above, the WTT - the only ones which matter for planning - give it requisite time to form the next working.

notlob.divad

Established Member
I noticed that the trains on the Borderlands Line arrive at Wrexham Central from Bidston at xx32 and leave Wrexham Central for Bidston at xx30. Is this the same train? So if I take the 0927 from Wrexham General arriving at Wrexham Central at 0932, can I take the 0930 from Wrexham Central to Bidston? Or would I need a DeLorean to do the above :D?

It is a known place where there is a 'negative' turnaround in the public timetable.

Whilst you theoretically could do it, you may fall foul of the minimum connection time. :lol:

JoeGJ1984

It is a known place where there is a 'negative' turnaround in the public timetable.

Whilst you theoretically could do it, you may fall foul of the minimum connection time. :lol:

I'd be guaranteed to be able to do it becuase it is the same train, surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.