• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Breaking journey at Birkenhead Hamilton Sq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Is the £4.80 all zones ticket valid all the way down to Chester? I had been under the impression there were parts of the system outside those tickets.

Most certainly. The Merseyrail website confirms this.

However, Trio tickets (bus, train & ferry) are not valid all the way to Chester even though Railpass tickets (train only) are.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Is the £4.80 all zones ticket valid all the way down to Chester? I had been under the impression there were parts of the system outside those tickets.

The DaySaver? Yes, it is.

So is the £4.90 Saveaway.

kieron

Established Member
Merseyrail don't issue passes just the day saver,
Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer. I noticed that MK Tom mentioned an anytime return, and started to wonder if he intended to spend the night en route. You can buy an anytime return from Liverpool to Crewe, which should be valid via Chester (although NRE only accepts it in one direction at the moment), but it's unlikely to be cost effective.

MK Tom

Established Member
I've done the trip now. All went perfectly according to plan, except for Chester being so interesting that I ended up spending an hour longer there than I had planned to!

Status
Not open for further replies.