• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brian Blessed to do SWT announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Taylor

Established Member
SWT has just announced that for one day only Brian Blessed will be doing the station announcements at Waterloo next Tuesday the 18th of December, this is in aid of The Samaritans.

Should be interesting.:)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

YorkshireBear

Established Member
OMG!!!! My first time at waterloo is monday 17th followd by 18th 19th and 20th... My luck is certainly in.

Cherry_Picker

Established Member
NEXT DEPARTURE FROM PLATFORM TWELVE IS THE 19:00 SERVICE TO PORTSMOUTH HARBOUR!

On a somewhat related note, Brian Blessed strikes me as the kind of guy who would be absolutely fantastic at swearing.

Roverman

Just search for him on Youtube. Theres one where he has his hands in ice and is only allowed to say 1 swearword.

antharro

This is excellent. I may have to take a trip to Waterloo just to hear this! Do we know if it's any particular time of day, or all day? Could be a bit hard on his voice if it's all day!!

Nym

Established Member
Warning, much swearing...

[youtube]NacppJ_vWQg[/youtube]

I think I need to make an excuse to go to my site in Lambaeth on Thursday now...

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Bring him to Piccadilly he will certainly lighten things up with his booming voice lol

QJ

Well I'd like to see him announce 19 platforms all day

Can't see a problem doing that. I managed it and a couple more platforms besides quite often back in the day.

xx.45 to Bournemouth calling at Woking, Basingstoke............

trc666

Any idea what time he is doing this? I'm doing half an early turn (0615-1045) then going to Southampton for an assessment.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Anyone fancy filming one of these announcements, as I'd love to hear it. :)

The Colonel

SWT has just announced that for one day only Brian Blessed will be doing the station announcements at Waterloo next Tuesday the 18th of December, this is in aid of The Samaritans.

Should be interesting.:)

Staff can also volunteer to help hand out 10,000 mince pies to passengers for a donation to the Samaritans I believe. I'll be there from 14.00 - 16.00. Not sure if the announcements are live or recorded.

SovietGaz

The missus is going to love this detour on our mini break. Cant miss this for anything though.

All Line Rover

Established Member
When I read the title I thought you meant "Brian Souter has been blessed to do SWT announcements." :lol:

Bedpan

Established Member
It would be good if he was there after the 9 o'clock watershed - I'm sure there would be some choice language.

Searle

Established Member
Any more news on this? I'm due into Waterloo at about 13:30, I'll be dissappointed if he's not there!

Tiny Tim

It's a shame Ronnie Barker is no longer with us. Station announcements in the character of Arkwright from 'Open All Hours' would be certain to bring a smile to the faces of harassed commuters. Or not.

pemma

Veteran Member
It's a shame Ronnie Barker is no longer with us. Station announcements in the character of Arkwright from 'Open All Hours' would be certain to bring a smile to the faces of harassed commuters. Or not.

Jim from the Vicar of Dibley would have a similar effect.

"No No No No No No passengers for Milton Keynes should go to platform 1"

CNash

Heard him booming out on my journey into work today, around 2pm. I'll see if he's still announcing at 11pm when I return...

Status
Not open for further replies.