• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brian Blessed to do SWT announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I was there today and the announcements sounded like a Dalek on helium. Attempting to decode the announcements was near-on impossible, with the numerous references to "Samaritans" sounding like "Southampton," and something else about platform three.

Searle

Established Member
I was there today and the announcements sounded like a Dalek on helium. Attempting to decode the announcements was near-on impossible, with the numerous references to "Samaritans" sounding like "Southampton," and something else about platform three.

Can agree with that, all I could hear were muffled shouts over the loudspeaker!

Ibex

From about 12:00 until 12:30 this afternoon, all I heard was a single pre-recorded announcement looping over and over every few minutes about supporting the Samaritans and a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year from South West Trains (or something similar). They were pretty unintelligible - the new PA system at Waterloo is poor and the station acoustics don't help.

I didn't hear any actual train announcements other than the usual.

Rich McLean

Established Member
From about 12:00 until 12:30 this afternoon, all I heard was a single pre-recorded announcement looping over and over every few minutes about supporting the Samaritans and a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year from South West Trains (or something similar). They were pretty unintelligible - the new PA system at Waterloo is poor and the station acoustics don't help.

I didn't hear any actual train announcements other than the usual.

Last Saturday, Phill Sayer was on the annoucements, which I found odd since they replaced that system

Jordy

Established Member
As far as I know Phil Sayer hasn't been replaced at Waterloo! They did put a new PA system in (i.e. new speakers), but it's terrible.

455driver

Veteran Member
I wonder if the Brian Blessed announcements had any bearing on the "person hit by a train" at Earlsfield?

455driver

Veteran Member
Is there an option in the CIS to display the phrase "Due to passengers hit by an announcement at Waterloo, severe disruption is occurring"?

I supposer a BB announcement does "hit" you fairly hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.