• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bring Back British Rail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A0wen

On Moderation
No - absolutely not.

And anyone who thinks it's a good idea clearly is too young to remember what BR really was like.

Anyone who thinks you get a poor service now, really didn't use BR on a daily basis.

TUC

Established Member
I think I'm getting fed up with people suggesting this every couple of weeks as though they are first person to think of it... :roll:

Especially when they just post a question and don't bother to make any arguments either way.

TiggCJ

I think I'm getting fed up with people suggesting this every couple of weeks as though they are first person to think of it... :roll:

Sorry, didn't realise it had been suggested already.

Just FYI, I'm not 'suggesting' anything. Personally, I don't think BR should be brought back as it was before but if there was a new system in place and it was very carefully thought out, then it could work. Just wanted to know what others think that's all.

Dave1987

On Moderation
OP this has be discussed/debated over hundreds of posts on previous threads. There are certain subjects that come up over & over again and the same arguments are made each time. It's nothing against you, just that it's all been said before many times.

Established Member
No - absolutely not.

And anyone who thinks it's a good idea clearly is too young to remember what BR really was like.

Anyone who thinks you get a poor service now, really didn't use BR on a daily basis.

Indeed I remember commuting between Leeds/Dewsbury/Huddersfield between 87 and 91, it was utterly disgraceful especially the local service, I then commuted for a year on the Walsall line in 92 which wasn't much better either, after that I bought a car!

If you really want to re-nationalise then I think you need to come up with some very strong arguments which outweigh the negatives.

Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Please search previous threads on this topic (numerous) for public opinion.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.