• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buying Rover Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Cat

Hello

I'm just wondering if you can buy Rover tickets anywhere (for example buy a Explore Cardiff & Valleys Rover at Oxford Station) or does it need to be a station run by Arriva Trains Wales?

I've noticed on the website:

"The Explore Cardiff & Valleys ticket is valid for travel after 09.30 Monday to Friday"

Does this mean the ticket would not be valid for tomorrow (Saturday)

(Edit: Before anyone comments that second part is a stupid question /as I would assume it's Not Valid/. As mentioned below, I'd rather carry as few tickets as possible.. I can at least hope its valid lol)

-----

My plan is to take the train from Oxford to Cardiff Central. Then spend a day around Cardiff going on Pacers n stuff. I would rather get a single rover ticket than carry around multiple return tickets

Thanks
Shadow Cat

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GW43125

Established Member
With regards to buying-most stations should be able to sell them but the staff won't necessarily know how to.

"After 09:30 Monday to Friday" means that those restrictions only apply on weekdays and there are no restrictions at weekends-so you can use it.

Try the website www.railrover.org for rover information, this should give more information.

Polarbear

Established Member
Edit: Before anyone comments that second part is a stupid question /as I would assume it's Not Valid/. As mentioned below, I'd rather carry as few tickets as possible.. I can at least hope its valid lol)

No such thing as a stupid question - so don't worry about asking. :) If I didn't have the knowledge of rail travel, I'd probably ask a similar question.

Shadow Cat

Awesome. Thanks very much GW43125. :D

Are these tickets available at Self Serve or only Ticket office when you're at the station

or does TVM mean Self Serve, if so then Its going to be Ticket Office

Thanks

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Some Ranger/Rover tickets can only be purchased from certain locations due to ticket stock restriction, but most can be purchased from any ticket office or guards.

The Explore Cardiff & Valleys ticket can be purchased from any ticket office. The only TVMs I know that sell Ranger/Rover tickets are the ones run by London Overground.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I've purchased the Explore Cardiff and Valleys ticket from Stevenage travel centre before.

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
I've purchased a Bristol Freedom Travelpass from Huddersfield before now and hopefully will be able to continue to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.