• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

c2c Trainee Depot Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

387star

On Moderation
Good luck

Please be advised they have strict enhanced passes for both stage one and stage two

chris11256

It's interesting seeing this because c2c advertised this role not too long ago as well.

I'd quite like to actually submit my application on time for this vacancy. Does anyone have advice on completing the 'Why do you agree with our company values' section? The rest of the form is easy, I just really struggle with the company values bit.

Scattle

C2C had advertised this role back in october last year, unfortuntely I was unsuccessful in stage 2 of the assessments and it hasn't been 6 months so I can't apply this time round.

JB 24

Hi all, I recently applied for trainee depot driver for c2c and I am through to stage one. I have printed out all of the work sheets etc and I have been told that I will sit four tests in stage one but I have not been told what these tests are. I am working hard studying all of them but being that there are so many I wondered if anyone could tell me what four I should be studying for. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

bilzy

Hi all, I recently applied for trainee depot driver for c2c and I am through to stage one. I have printed out all of the work sheets etc and I have been told that I will sit four tests in stage one but I have not been told what these tests are. I am working hard studying all of them but being that there are so many I wondered if anyone could tell me what four I should be studying for. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

Hi JB24,

I'm in the same position as you. I recieved the email last night with the materials to practice with.

If anybody has any advice please share them with us. Good luck everyone in advance,

SPADTrap

Established Member

What work sheets did they send you?

S

JB 24

hello SPADTrap, I have been given the train drive assessment RSSB, and tests include:
-the DFFT test
-group bourden paper test
-TEA-Occ paper test
-TRP part 1 and 2
computerised tests:
-the WAFV vigilance test
-ATAVT perception test
-2Hand co-ordination test
-SJE test
-WCT test
-multi-modal interview

if you could help with when I should expect to take these tests (stage one or stage two) would be a huge help and much appreciated as there are so many to do in such a short space of time. thank you :)

SPADTrap

Established Member
hello SPADTrap, I have been given the train drive assessment RSSB, and tests include:
-the DFFT test
-group bourden paper test
-TEA-Occ paper test
-TRP part 1 and 2
computerised tests:
-the WAFV vigilance test
-ATAVT perception test
-2Hand co-ordination test
-SJE test
-WCT test
-multi-modal interview

if you could help with when I should expect to take these tests (stage one or stage two) would be a huge help and much appreciated as there are so many to do in such a short space of time. thank you :)

Hi JB 24,

I can't speak for c2c's recent assessment process but as far as I knew before under the old system you sat the entire day and got your results later on but that is probably different now.

When I assessed for my TOC they split the day into a few parts and if memory serves correct it was something like the following:

Day 1:
Group Bourdon (Dots test)
TRP Part 1 and 2 (GLOP and Cables/Dials)
DFFT (Driver Fault Finding Test)
TEA-Occ (Test of Everyday Attention for Occupational Assessment..or something!)

Day 2:
WAFV (Vigilance)
ATAVT (Perception)
2Hand (Coordination)

Day 3:
SJE
MMI

I'm not sure on c2c specifically, it may be different as my TOC tested those in house but c2c send you to Watford? I also didn't do the WCT so can't say when that will be slotted in! I also think c2c do some kind of spoken English test which is done at their academy/Head Office but not sure if they still do it. All you do for that is reorganise jumbled sentences so that they make sense though..

Hope that helps somewhat and sorry it isn't too specific to c2c but best of luck with it all! It might be worth emailing c2c to ask, they're very helpful! :)

S

Last edited:

JB 24

hello again SPADTrap (signal passed at danger ;) ), thank you so much for your reply, it was all very helpful and I will definitely be emailing C2C! Thank you for your time..... I will let you know how I get on. :)

SPADTrap

Established Member
hello again SPADTrap (signal passed at danger ;) ), thank you so much for your reply, it was all very helpful and I will definitely be emailing C2C! Thank you for your time..... I will let you know how I get on. :)

And that traps that lead to them! ;) haha

No problems at all! Keep us posted and best of luck! Drop me a PM if you need any help.

S

bilzy

Hi JB 24,

I can't speak for c2c's recent assessment process but as far as I knew before under the old system you sat the entire day and got your results later on but that is probably different now.

When I assessed for my TOC they split the day into a few parts and if memory serves correct it was something like the following:

Day 1:
Group Bourdon (Dots test)
TRP Part 1 and 2 (GLOP and Cables/Dials)
DFFT (Driver Fault Finding Test)
TEA-Occ (Test of Everyday Attention for Occupational Assessment..or something!)

Day 2:
WAFV (Vigilance)
ATAVT (Perception)
2Hand (Coordination)

Day 3:
SJE
MMI

I'm not sure on c2c specifically, it may be different as my TOC tested those in house but c2c send you to Watford? I also didn't do the WCT so can't say when that will be slotted in! I also think c2c do some kind of spoken English test which is done at their academy/Head Office but not sure if they still do it. All you do for that is reorganise jumbled sentences so that they make sense though..

Hope that helps somewhat and sorry it isn't too specific to c2c but best of luck with it all! It might be worth emailing c2c to ask, they're very helpful! :)

S

Hi SPADtrap,

Thank you for sharing the info. The assessment will be held at Southend Central. I agree with JB 24, there is a lot to learn with little time.

Status
Not open for further replies.