• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caledonian Sleeper discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TimboM

Established Member
Thanks tim seen 90047 being coupled up to 92043 i think it was at willesden tmd last night.
Yes, 90047 and 92043 would've been at WN yesterday evening - they would have been preparing to head down to Wembley to work the stock in - 043 on 5S95 (then 1S26) and 90047 on 5S96.

Far north 37

Established Member
Yes, 90047 and 92043 would've been at WN yesterday evening - they would have been preparing to head down to Wembley to work the stock in - 043 on 5S95 (then 1S26) and 90047 on 5S96.
Thanks again for the info again seen them shortly after at wembley tmd so thought they might have been doing the ecs.

TimboM

Established Member
  • Anybody know why 1M16 was 93 min late into Euston today ? ( stopped at Crewe for 52 mins ) Thanks x
Smashed driver’s windscreen suffered in the Wigan area. Reduced speed to Crewe, then 92033 was turned via the “triangle” so the good end leading to London.

You can just about make out the holes/cracks in my snap of 033 at Hartford this morning if you look very closely... :lol:
https://flic.kr/p/25NXW3Y

Scotrail84

Established Member
Smashed driver’s windscreen suffered in the Wigan area. Reduced speed to Crewe, then 92033 was turned via the “triangle” so the good end leading to London.

You can just about make out the holes/cracks in my snap of 033 at Hartford this morning if you look very closely... :lol:
https://flic.kr/p/25NXW3Y

Then it was routed via Northampton making even later.

paul1609

Established Member
Is it still possible to book and pay on the platform, just before departure assuming there is space?

I know it was possible in the 1990s...
Somebody turned up on spec when i was on the Westhighlander on 13 Jun and was told to sit in the seats and they would check whether there were any spare berths after Watford Junction. I never saw whether he got a berth but it is still possible to travel on spec if there's room. Not sure if that's official though.
As the train terminated at Airdrie 4 hours late he probably wished he hadn't.

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
So I see - didn’t intend to come across as doubting you.

Sleeper passengers are told to check the Sleeper Scotland website for updates so I think it’s quite confusing for them. Still, it’s not too much of a problem if they turn up at Central early enough.

I wonder what instructions CS have sent out to those who booked on the Sleeper Scotland website?

FF4C6219-A0AA-4F59-BBC4-60DD70060671.jpeg

Last edited:

Highlandspring

Established Member
47727, now with full CS branding, was named Edinburgh Castle in platform 1 at Glasgow Queen Street this morning.

*edit* I see it already got a mention on another thread, sorry.

Last edited:

gord

Had the most amazing journey on the sleeper from Fort William to Euston last night (First time on the Fort William sleeper, only done the Inverness one before).The staff were absolutely amazing, both at Fort William station and on the train itself. Some of the best railway staff I've encountered, which is saying something as most rail staff I meet are friendly and helpful. Got to try the new first class sleeper lounge and showers at Fort William too which were very impressive. Wonderful journey only spoilt by arriving at a hot and stuffy Euston during the morning peak!

gord

Man I suggest you pass on your praise of the staff to Caledonian Sleeper even if you have (or are about to have) said that in the survey form?

Already done. Sent them a tweet too. Always vowed I'd never complain using social media as I think it can be a bit toxic so pleased I can do something positive with it.

TimboM

Established Member
Had the most amazing journey on the sleeper from Fort William to Euston last night (First time on the Fort William sleeper, only done the Inverness one before).The staff were absolutely amazing, both at Fort William station and on the train itself. Some of the best railway staff I've encountered, which is saying something as most rail staff I meet are friendly and helpful. Got to try the new first class sleeper lounge and showers at Fort William too which were very impressive. Wonderful journey only spoilt by arriving at a hot and stuffy Euston during the morning peak!
Pleased you had a great trip.
Caught a couple of snaps of your train (1M16) early this morning:
https://flic.kr/p/27shtkr
https://flic.kr/p/265db4W

Caleb2010

Evening.
Any idea from those in the know what is on 1S25 tonight. Currently in the Euston 1st class lounge awaiting the news!

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.