• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caledonian Sleeper

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

43 302

Established Member
I don't think it has gone any further than allusions on forums, let alone being publicised. Do you want to go further?
I assume by publicised, he means becoming known about amongst enthusiast circles like these sorts of things usually do. As for CS, they only advised me (and presumably other unsuspecting customers) of the anti-social alarm call two days ago.

43 302

Established Member
Mildly. It's not uncommon for northbound trains to use the sub when there's engineering work between the north end of Waverly and Haymarket.
Yes, and those trains don't use almost any of the track that this one will, going in the other direction and towards Dalmeny! I've just remembered why I prefer the 'other' railway forum. As for the traction, I can't say, but it will require two drivers as it can't multi with the 73. It will also be on load two, with the two sleeping cars left in Clayhills last night.

Yes, and those trains don't use almost any of the track that this one will, going in the other direction and towards Dalmeny! I've just remembered why I prefer the 'other' railway forum. As for the traction, I can't say, but it will require two drivers as it can't multi with the 73. It will also be on load two, with the two sleeping cars left in Clayhills last night.
It’ll be the stock brought from Aberdeen last night, 1 lounge and 1 seated coach. I can’t say what the traction is either although it should become pretty obvious soon enough

43 302

Established Member
It’ll be the stock brought from Aberdeen last night, 1 lounge and 1 seated coach. I can’t say what the traction is either although it should become pretty obvious soon enough
Yep, 73967 brought just those two coaches in last night, also via the sub. Presumably to counteract the run via the sub Monday morning in terms of orientation.

Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
So when are you lot going to actually stop beating around the bush and tell us what's working it? Interesting is a vague term, and to be honest it's not like telling everyone a 47 (for example) is going to work it will mean we all rush to book travel. I'd imagine most of us can't afford to book one of the limited berths at this short notice anyway!

So when are you lot going to actually stop beating around the bush and tell us what's working it? Interesting is a vague term, and to be honest it's not like telling everyone a 47 (for example) is going to work it will mean we all rush to book travel. I'd imagine most of us can't afford to book one of the limited berths at this short notice anyway!
Like we both said, we can’t say what the traction is. Again, it will become relatively obvious soon enough though. The Aberdeen portion fully sold out ages ago anyway.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
So why the secrecy? If it makes no difference to loadings, then surely it matters not? Or am I missing something obvious in terms of contracts or similar?

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Last edited:

xotGD

Established Member
All this "I know something you don't know" stuff is really pathetic. Either share the gen or keep quiet.

Well if its 37422 I think we an all relax, I was hoping for something more glam than that

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Well if its 37422 I think we an all relax, I was hoping for something more glam than that
Well whatever was meant to move from Kingmoor to Millerhill on the RTT link didn't happen (and there is no move from Bo'ness either).

The speculation elsewhere had been about a 'Tractor' working, but it was all allusions. Presumably sense has been seen and it will just be a 73 on two coaches.

‐---------------------------

The path, presumably for 37403, has now appeared on RTT, as a Caledonian Sleeper working.

0Z37 1304 Bo'ness Exchange Sdgs Gbrf to Edinburgh
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:55434/2023-04-30/detailed

Last edited:

Lee_Again

Anybody know what happened with 1M16 last night. Seems it was delayed in Edinburgh for an hour or so. I'm on it tonight and just hoping there's no consequential issues.

Peter Sarf

Established Member
Anybody know what happened with 1M16 last night. Seems it was delayed in Edinburgh for an hour or so. I'm on it tonight and just hoping there's no consequential issues.

The screens at Euston last night showed the 21:30 to Glasgow & Edinburgh as delayed departure. The platform gates were closed by 21:40 though !. RTT shows it leaving at 22:13 but arriving Glasgow OT. But the formation was two class 92s at the front. Does that mean a spare 92 was being sent North perhaps for 1M16 ?.

BRX

Established Member
Here's that 37 to Aberdeen. I've read elsewhere that part of the test was to see if the 37/4 could provide ETS for 4 coaches (with the 73 there only as a translator vehicle) and this was successful. Don't know if that's accurate.

Speed43125

Here's that 37 to Aberdeen. I've read elsewhere that part of the test was to see if the 37/4 could provide ETS for 4 coaches (with the 73 there only as a translator vehicle) and this was successful. Don't know if that's accurate.

We really will have come full circle if thats true. I've noticed the talk (read: rumours) of 67s coming up to help the 73s has also seemingly died off.