• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can someone help me find a model of this locomotive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silexa

Hi!
My partner is desperately looking for a model of the pictured locomotive, or at least something similar that he can repaint. Does anyone have any ideas?662DFC8F-8907-4511-A9AC-1FB1D4569065.jpeg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

deltic

Established Member
If it is a 0-6-0ST then there are plenty for sale on ebay

sprinterguy

Established Member
The Bagnall 16 inch 0-6-0 Saddle Tank, as represented by 'Empress', has never been produced in Ready to Run format: I think the closest equivalent at present, in OO scale, would probably be the recently introduced Rapido Trains Hunslet 16 inch 0-6-0, although that was an inside cylinder locomotive rather than outside as per the Bagnall:

Impetus produced a metal kit of the type, but this was discontinued some years ago.

It's nice to know that the real 'Empress' is still with us:

silexa

The Bagnall 16 inch 0-6-0 Saddle Tank, as represented by 'Empress', has never been produced in Ready to Run format: I think the closest equivalent at present, in OO scale, would probably be the recently introduced Rapido Trains Hunslet 16 inch 0-6-0, although that was an inside cylinder locomotive rather than outside as per the Bagnall:

Impetus produced a metal kit of the type, but this was discontinued some years ago.

It's nice to know that the real 'Empress' is still with us:

Thanks a lot Sprinterguy!

My partners interest comes from 'Empress' being the loco that was at the Colliery his Father worked at - so he wants to try and recreate her for him!

I'll mention about the Rapido Hunslet, it may be something we have to make some adjustments to ourselves but at least some form of similar base model exists

Status
Not open for further replies.