• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Catering on board trains Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
TBH I'd always recommend West Coast over East Coast if not in a rush. Pendolino 1st is really very good (best on the network, I'd say) and barring the "coach K issue" the staff are very good and as you say the food good and plentiful. And the scenery is interesting pretty much the whole way, unlike the ECML where once you're south of Newcastle it's all just drab.
Agreed! One remarkable thing about the Pendolino is the contrast between the claustrophobic, smelly, dull standard class and the fantastic first class service, which I would agree is the best service on the whole network.

route101

Established Member
Done first class on pendo a few times, mostly breakfast, still good though im sure the portion has shrunk over the years. Only done breakfast on LNER on MK4S. I prefer the seating arrangements on East Coast with single seats.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Sounds promising, Hopefully by the time I think about doing another 1st class ALR (not until 2021) things will be good again.

williamn

Yes, because airlines have to make a profit, and aren't being bailed out with billions from the taxpayer.
That doesn't make any sense. Airlines have to make a profit (lets just gloss over the fact many are state funded and even British ones pay not VAT on fuel) so decide to offer full service in business class to tempt back customers - why would the trains not do the same?

Journeyman

Established Member
That doesn't make any sense. Airlines have to make a profit (lets just gloss over the fact many are state funded and even British ones pay not VAT on fuel) so decide to offer full service in business class to tempt back customers - why would the trains not do the same?

I was talking about why airlines aren't enforcing social distancing. Effectively they can't afford to.

Moderator note: this thread is now locked; the latest thread at the time of writing is at

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.