• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Central Line BVE4 V1 - Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Stock Dan

Hi All,

Just to let you know that the route (West Ruislip Depot - Perivale) will be available to download from 2.00pm from BRT

www.bveroutes-trains.co.uk

Thanks for your patience over the past year but now the train and route is done (well MOST of it anyway!) Any comments welcome so I can use them to modify ready for v2.

Regards,

Dan

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
I'm having a few problems:
In the cab of the 1992ts, its really close up, so i cant see out properley :? Also, the train dosent fit on the platform at Ruislip. Ikeep getting some white writing in the backdrop, and the train cab has a greenish shape blocking the speedometer. This is openBVE using vista

Last edited:

guillyman

Well done Dan. I know just how much effort you have put into this, and I'm sure this will form a welcome addition to the library.

Al. :)

D Stock Dan

Its close up yeah. As I said its near compatible. Theres a few glitches like the platform shortage at ruislip gardens and when you leave greenford on the right you can see some gaps in the scenery. And some of the train isnt brill for OpenBVE. The route is mainly for OpenBVE, not the train.

No route or train is 100pc perfect!

Dan

LULMatt

hi dan
congrats on the central line
it was wellllll worth waiting for, you guys did a fantastic job on it.
ive just downloaded it and driven it, but not with open bve, but i think its the best line and train so far

LULMatt

thanks

devon_metro

Established Member
Very nice, my only gripe would be the lack of visibility from the cab!

Does the target speed line change out of interest?

Gavelex

Very nice, my only gripe would be the lack of visibility from the cab!

The target speed is set on the outside panel to 100KMH and the underground panel to 60.

I agree about the cab, and spoke about this before the train was relesed with Dan. I'm going to start another cab in about 4 weeks when a friend on the Central line gets back of Anual Leave.

Alstom1995

In reality when it chimes up and chimes down, the target speed will move up or down to the correct line speed, and you have to slow down to the correct target speed before the next block marker or the trains overspeed will kick in and slow you down to the right speed. But in bve this isn't possible at least not at the moment. Originally I had the target speed following the actual speed, but me and Dan decided to change it to the way it is now.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I agree about the cab, and spoke about this before the train was relesed with Dan. I'm going to start another cab in about 4 weeks when a friend on the Central line gets back of Anual Leave.

Your such a hippocrit! One minute the speedo doesn't look right, and then suddenly oh actually I preferred it the other way. Please do go ahead and make a patch james, i'm sure your panel will be much better than mine.

Last edited:

Bill EWS

The route is very good but I didn't like the cab. The speedometer is virtually unreadable most of the time. Having been a driver at Marylebone it was interesting seeing how you managed to get the Northolt area quite realistic.

I also ran the train in OpenBVE but used the previous 1992 train and that is much better for handling. For some reason I couldn't keep to time even from the first stop.

Otherwise you composed a nice LT route.

guillyman

hi dan
...but i think its the best line and train so far...
I agree. I had a run out last night and the route is fantastic, so realistic and well detailed, with and opportunity to include your favourite chippy, Dan! :lol:

I did however experience a mass of blue backgrounds with the train, and could not run it at all until I had changed all the bitmaps to 256-colour depth. A little appeal - when will train builders ever realise that when they save their bitmaps to a depth of 24-bit that the transparencies just don't show on some graphics cards? I have been banging on about this for ages, yet the authors still do it and mar an otherwise good product.

Regards,

bengley

Established Member
Its close up yeah. As I said its near compatible. Theres a few glitches like the platform shortage at ruislip gardens and when you leave greenford on the right you can see some gaps in the scenery. And some of the train isnt brill for OpenBVE. The route is mainly for OpenBVE, not the train.

No route or train is 100pc perfect!

Dan

If it's for BVE4 why does it have external views and animations?

CCF23

Very good route, look forward to the completed version. The only problem is the bad visibility from the cab but it's still good.

Gavelex

Your such a hippocrit! One minute the speedo doesn't look right, and then suddenly oh actually I preferred it the other way. Please do go ahead and make a patch james, i'm sure your panel will be much better than mine.

I told you that IMO the best way was to have it the same as the actual speed - you went and did some crap making it show a totally different speed to what you were actually doing.

I'm sure ANY panel would be much better than yours!

Tom B

Established Member
I told you that IMO the best way was to have it the same as the actual speed - you went and did some crap making it show a totally different speed to what you were actually doing.

I'm sure ANY panel would be much better than yours!

Less of the personal insults on both sides please, if you would like to argue then please feel free to make use of the PM facility :).

guillyman

In my opinion, once the bitmaps in the panel were resolved to 8-bit, the panel looked really excellent.

As always, the authors are expected to endure non-creative criticism as well as the more progressive kind. It's not fair when one considers all the hard work which goes into producing anything for BVE.

Daniel

Established Member
I realize that BVE is a simulator, and as such a large part of it is a game, and you want to be able to see what your doing, but I find that, in real life, the cab is rather restrictive. The desk is rather high, (if you look at it you'll see it is quite higher than the secondmans'), and the M door does obstruct your view somewhat.

Although there are things which could be improved in this version, I suppose that you have to choose whether you want a game to be the best that they can be, or to be as realistic as possible.

Anyway, none of this is to say that anything anyone makes isn't excellent as it is off their own back, in their own time, for non-profit, and is released free! :)

velaro

It seems I'm late to the party, but I was away from my computer for much of August ...

My compliments to both Dans - this is terrific work. I only wish my old computer could run this route and train at higher frame rates.

Like other openBVE users, I find the default view from the cab somewhat limited, but I do like the cab otherwise. Editing the panel2.cfg to read Resolution = 900, Center = 470, 360 and Origin = 500, 255 works for me.

Two other small issues:
- openBVE reports three "railindex may be out of range" issues that could be easily fixed without affecting BVE4
- Four of the cab images (off, off2, spdback2, and spdback2_n) could be reduced in size without any loss in quality, and doing so might help a little with fps

Status
Not open for further replies.