• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cheshire day ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

swadbus

Looking at purchasing a Cheshire day ranger using PRIV.

If I was to start in Crewe, could I travel on a direct train to Manchester Piccadilly?

The map on "the manual" suggests it is valid at both stations, but shows that I should travel via Wilmslow and Manchester Airport, and not via Stockport to Manchester Piccadilly. Is this a correct interpretation?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nym

Established Member
Strange, since Stockport and Cheadle Hume is more Cheshire than Ringway...

From what I can see on the NR website, it is valid on any service between MAN and CRE, even via Warrington and Earlstown...

pemma

Veteran Member
Strange, since Stockport and Cheadle Hume is more Cheshire than Ringway...

Stockport, Cheadle Hulme and Ringway are all in the traditional Cheshire boundary - south of the Mersey (or Tame east of Stockport.) Believe it or not Wythenshawe was part of Cheshire and when the council ran out of room to build new houses in Wythenshawe they built an overflow estate on the edge of Knutsford (Longridge) rather than something closer to Manchester, which would have been outside their area.

Pumbaa

Established Member
Fairly sure you can also go to Whitchurch from Crewe and to Shotton from Chester/Bidston.

Status
Not open for further replies.