• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern May 2011 Timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCR247

Established Member
We will see what happens on Monday, however I doubt that they will start all these services on Monday, it will mostlikely be later than sooner down to crew training and the availablility of the stock and locos, as far as I am aware the 05.46 off Moor Street & the 16.30 off Marylebone are the only LHCS currently operated by Chiltern with stock also being used for crew training, maybe if they are proposing a run later in the the year from Stratford maybe they will need to do some test runs for timings and platform lengths.

You do realise I made that post in February? When they were apparently going to start on 28/02

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

oversteer

So this seems as good a thread as any!

Have they completed the works at South Ruislip yet?

I've also seen quite a lot of works along the line, eg. a temporary road built to the line near Seer Green, another near the tunnel east of Wycombe - lots of plant and lighting - what are these for ? Thinking about it, they might well be near footpaths that currently cross the tracks.

RPM

Established Member
So this seems as good a thread as any!

Have they completed the works at South Ruislip yet?

I've also seen quite a lot of works along the line, eg. a temporary road built to the line near Seer Green, another near the tunnel east of Wycombe - lots of plant and lighting - what are these for ? Thinking about it, they might well be near footpaths that currently cross the tracks.

Yes, they are replacing the foot crossings with foot bridges.

chiltern trev

Don't forget the redevelopment of Birmingham Moor St means that (more) trains can now start/terminate there instead of using the tunnels under New St to Snow Hill which would save some time.

It was also impressive how they managed to put on extra long trains when engineering works were taking place on the WCML and they could still serve all but two stations en route

I would like to see actual seat reservations and maybe a quiet coach on the longer distance services though.

Re the extra long trains. I presume you are referring to 7 or 8 car trains as opposed to the usual 3 or 4 car trains from Marylebone to Birmingham.

The main reason is that as part of Evergreen2, Chiltern had a platform length standardisation programme whereby the main southbound and northbound platforms at the more important stations (e.g. the stops used by the slower Birmingham trains on a Sunday morning for example) were extended or modified to be 8 cars long. An example of the work was the southbound Gerrards Cross platform which now has a metal extension of 1 car long at the northern end.

Kings Sutton is one station that remained unaltered and so is not served when long trains are in use.

"Chiltern are extending platforms at Princes Risborough, High Wycombe,
Beaconsfield, Gerrard Cross and Wembley Stadium starting this week at
Princes Risborough." - see
http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/pages/home.asp?newsID=168&news=true
or
http://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1966-chiltern-platform-extensions.html

Daz28

Any updates on a possible start date to the accelerated Chiltern Railways service ? Last I looked, it was 'summer 2011', I think....

At the tweet the manager last night they said they were introducing four class 172 trains into service from the May timetable on High Wycombe services and an extra W&S set.

The mainline timetable is now due Autumn 2011.

justinsteam

Were there ever any actual plans? There was a short lived plan for an Up bay platform at Gerrards Cross but that's been reduced to an additional trailing crossover. AIUI that means that stopping services (using the new 172s) will be able to depart for London from the down platform at Gerrards Cross.

I believe the bay platform was binned because the timetable analysis found that the Ruislip loops allow for the intended service pattern in the peaks without it.

The Tesco tunnel was built to allow for four tracks, but that's not really the same as having plans for four tracks.

Princed Risborough down platform is the obvious improvement that could be made, by removing the built out platform and reinstating the down loop. But under Evergreen 3 there will only ever be 4 or 5 tph through the station, so would it ever be needed?

A new turnback siding is being created at Gerrards Cross.

A new down through track is being built between Northolt Junction and Ruislip Gardens.

The up through track at Princes Risborough is being reinstated and the current up line will become a platform loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.