• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cityfox Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhysHand

getting in the way of Severn Express departures from Newport.

Thank you for your comments Steve.

I think you’ll find that we pay a considerable amount more than the Severn Express, and our supervisors move theone around to accommodate first buses. Stands are allocated by the local authority so I would suggest you raise your comments with them.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mwanesh

Thank you for your comments Steve.

I think you’ll find that we pay a considerable amount more than the Severn Express, and our supervisors move theone around to accommodate first buses. Stands are allocated by the local authority so I would suggest you raise your comments with them.
I have just seen your poster for 24X fares.Would it not make sense now if Phil Anslow moved stands next to yours for easier connections

Dai Corner

Established Member
I have just seen your poster for 24X fares.Would it not make sense now if Phil Anslow moved stands next to yours for easier connections

I expect Phil Anslow would rather be next to the Stagecoach X24 with which he competes for Newport-Cwmbran traffic.

Anslow has tried Bettws-Cwmbran direct at least once before without success. I'm not sure going all the way in to Newport instead of catching a Stagecoach 15 on Malpas Road is going to be popular, but I wish both companies success with the experiment.

RhysHand

I expect Phil Anslow would rather be next to the Stagecoach X24 with which he competes for Newport-Cwmbran traffic.

Anslow has tried Bettws-Cwmbran direct at least once before without success. I'm not sure going all the way in to Newport instead of catching a Stagecoach 15 on Malpas Road is going to be popular, but I wish both companies success with the experiment.

Was wondering how long it would take for a negative comment to appear. It’s something that costs either party a penny, but is something of a benefit to our and their customers, surely that’s why we are in this industry? We have already had feedback that this is welcomed, and by offering customers this opportunity we are saving them £2.50 - that can pay for the electric in a house for a whole day.

Dai Corner

Established Member
Was wondering how long it would take for a negative comment to appear. It’s something that costs either party a penny, but is something of a benefit to our and their customers, surely that’s why we are in this industry? We have already had feedback that this is welcomed, and by offering customers this opportunity we are saving them £2.50 - that can pay for the electric in a house for a whole day.

It wasn't intended to be a negative comment. Sorry if it came across like that. I'm planning to go along for the ride some time.

I can't quite understand how it can save passengers £2.50 while not costing you or Anslow's anything though?

RhysHand

It wasn't intended to be a negative comment. Sorry if it came across like that. I'm planning to go along for the ride some time.

I can't quite understand how it can save passengers £2.50 while not costing you or Anslow's anything though?

That’s good to hear - please do let me know your feedback.

The idea is to drive growth for both parties. There will be a small number of people making that journey, and probably use the X24. If they have this kind of product offering it gives them a new travelling option for a lower ticket price.

nesw

I’m not being negative but three of ‘Call me Rhys, not Mr. Hand’ (‘s) company accounts are overdue.

Anthony ross

Does any body know where I can find a fleetlist for the bus and coach side of the city fox group

RhysHand

I’m not being negative but three of ‘Call me Rhys, not Mr. Hand’ (‘s) company accounts are overdue.

We know :)

We’ve just changed accountancy firms, and companies house are aware, thanks for the reminder

Swanny200

It seems yet again, it gets to an area where everything seems civil toward Rhys and the same people come on and try and cause trouble, I don't know what he has said or done to you in the past or anything else to offend as this seems to be getting to the point where it is persistent now, it is also getting boring. Yes the guy has had issues in the past, he seems to be trying his best at the moment. I know someone who has been bankrupt twice now because he took on too much too quick , his reputation when he started up the third time was really bad, in the 4 years since he started up again because this time he has the right people to guide him all the naysayers have well and truly shut their mouths and his competition are scared (I'm not saying that Rhys has been bankrupt or anything), if it is working in Newport then good luck to him, if he wants to expand then good luck to him, seems like some here want to wreck the guy's business again and again, remember it isn't just him, there are probably a good few people who could lose because someone want's to be petty.

richw

Veteran Member
he has the right people to guide him

I understand Rhys has some office staff/ management with good reputation within the industry now. He’s got a fairly modern fleet, which isn’t what you see with the so-called cowboys suggesting he’s a strong line of financial backing,

BBC

Not a bus question but what does Rhys think about his taxis blocking (I know it’s not just yours btw) up broad quay in Bristol every weekend ?

RhysHand

I understand Rhys has some office staff/ management with good reputation within the industry now. He’s got a fairly modern fleet, which isn’t what you see with the so-called cowboys suggesting he’s a strong line of financial backing,

The team are what make any business. Our average age across the whole business including taxis is 4 years. The business has very good revenue streams from vehicle hire, taxis, employing taxi drivers just like bus drivers, hiring drivers to other bus organisations, contracts, work place shuttles etc and now buses.

RhysHand

It seems yet again, it gets to an area where everything seems civil toward Rhys and the same people come on and try and cause trouble, I don't know what he has said or done to you in the past or anything else to offend as this seems to be getting to the point where it is persistent now, it is also getting boring. Yes the guy has had issues in the past, he seems to be trying his best at the moment. I know someone who has been bankrupt twice now because he took on too much too quick , his reputation when he started up the third time was really bad, in the 4 years since he started up again because this time he has the right people to guide him all the naysayers have well and truly shut their mouths and his competition are scared (I'm not saying that Rhys has been bankrupt or anything), if it is working in Newport then good luck to him, if he wants to expand then good luck to him, seems like some here want to wreck the guy's business again and again, remember it isn't just him, there are probably a good few people who could lose because someone want's to be petty.

Thank you for your kind post, it’s appreciated.

RhysHand

Not a bus question but what does Rhys think about his taxis blocking (I know it’s not just yours btw) up broad quay in Bristol every weekend ?

There are supervisory and management teams that deal with these issues, but I am aware, and it’s not acceptable. Although the LA seen to be very relaxed about it, us as a business take it seriously and drivers are subject to disciplinary proceedings for breaking rules.

BBC

There are supervisory and management teams that deal with these issues, but I am aware, and it’s not acceptable. Although the LA seen to be very relaxed about it, us as a business take it seriously and drivers are subject to disciplinary proceedings for breaking rules.
Fair play my friend for that honest answer ! The attitude of some taxi drivers in the city is appalling, be nice is more taxi firms did what you’re doing :)

RhysHand

Fair play my friend for that honest answer ! The attitude of some taxi drivers in the city is appalling, be nice is more taxi firms did what you’re doing :)

To add to that, if you ever see any of our vehicles breaking those rules, email details to [email protected] who will deal with them.

carlberry

Established Member
I have to say it's a very fair response, especially as the question is more one for the local authority/police (i.e. even if one taxi company stopped doing it, the problem wouldn't change).

anthony263

Established Member
With how well foxstar seem to be diing in newport and cutbacks by nat cardiff bus and first etc it will be interesting to see where the company goes next

richw

Veteran Member
The team are what make any business. Our average age across the whole business including taxis is 4 years. The business has very good revenue streams from vehicle hire, taxis, employing taxi drivers just like bus drivers, hiring drivers to other bus organisations, contracts, work place shuttles etc and now buses.

That’s a pretty impressive average age. Sounds like your going strength to strength at the moment which I’m sure will upset a couple of posters here!

richard13

I would just like to make the observation that vehicle hire, taxis, hiring out of drivers, etc all involve waiting for a customer to define the when and where. Bus operation is the opposite; the operator chooses a route and timetable and the customer waits. It needs a different skill set.

RhysHand

I would just like to make the observation that vehicle hire, taxis, hiring out of drivers, etc all involve waiting for a customer to define the when and where. Bus operation is the opposite; the operator chooses a route and timetable and the customer waits. It needs a different skill set.

I will disagree on that one. Transport is transport. We all have one main consumer (the customer). Although we have all the above you have mentioned, they are all set up as stand alone business units with their own manager(s) who know that industry and who do a very good job.

Observer

From the latest West of England Notices and Proceedings:

Public Inquiry (78089) to be held at Jubilee House (Bristol), BS5 0GB, Croydon Street, Bristol, on 12 February 2019 commencing at 10:30 (Previous Publication (2676))
PH2013625
SNOWDONIA TRAVEL LIMITED
Director(s): RHYS HAND
CITYFOX HOUSE, CHAPEL STREET, BRISTOL, BS2 0UH
S14 - Consideration of new application under Section 14 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)

Last edited by a moderator:

northken

It's interesting that due to timings, theOne has effectively kicked the Severn Express out of stand 24.

nesw

On another forum it’s been said that Rhys withdrew the application, though I’d have expected the information to have reflected that.

RhysHand

I did withdraw the application. I wrote to the TC a week before the first planned Public Inquiry saying we didn’t wish to go ahead, preferring instead to concentrate on developing the Welsh business (no point tying up financial standing and TM resources where we don’t need them).

This resulted in the adjournment of the first PI, presumably to give them time to think about it. However, the Office of the TC subsequently advised that since the application had been submitted formally and a PI scheduled, it still needed to be examined. We subsequently wrote and said that we definitely didn’t want the licence and therefore wouldn’t be presenting a case at Public Inquiry, in any event there was no Transport Manager on the application by then and therefore refusal was inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.