• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 171s

Status
Not open for further replies.

physics34

Established Member
How would 3 car trains fit in with 2 and 4 car trains? I'm no expert but do they plan on 7 car or 5 car diagrams?

well there was a suggestion the 3 cars from scotrail may be split up to make 2x4car and 2x2 car but havent heard anymore on that

They are definitely planning 10 cars uckfield services when the platforms get extended and i reckon the current 2 car diagrams will be 3 car and the 4 car diagrams may become 5 or 6.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

grid56126

well there was a suggestion the 3 cars from scotrail may be split up to make 2x4car and 2x2 car but havent heard anymore on that

They are definitely planning 10 cars uckfield services when the platforms get extended and i reckon the current 2 car diagrams will be 3 car and the 4 car diagrams may become 5 or 6.

I heard that they want to do 2 x 4 and 2 x 2 cars with full interoperability with class 171s.

Both of these points were subject to further investigation work as the news of their arrival was fairly hot off the press.

physics34

Established Member
I heard that they want to do 2 x 4 and 2 x 2 cars with full interoperability with class 171s.

Both of these points were subject to further investigation work as the news of their arrival was fairly hot off the press.

a unit was meant to be coming down soon but not too sure when.

Status
Not open for further replies.