• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 314 Withdrawals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NorthClyde320

380101 and 380022 took over the Paisley Canal diagrams after the final 314 run today. 380’s will share the Paisley Canal services with the 318/320s.

Thanks for the reply. I did expect the Sat units now going forward will be as per what the Mon-Fri units are at present and have been since May, a mix of 318/320/380's. The 314's have earned their retirement.

prod_pep

Established Member
Yes, disappointing to see people trying to rob bits. I heard the TE jokingly say something about people looting the train which might have put the idea in certain heads.

Ewan M

It was great travelling on the last scheduled 314 service this evening but as mentioned it is just very disappointing to see some enthusiasts nicking stuff from 314216. In all fairness they’ve probably succeeded in getting themselves barred from the farewell tour this Wednesday.

Ray303_265

Sadly it appears that this forum thread may be in last week of service too gentlemen! I did my last run on 202 last week, sorry to have missed 216 today. I can’t fathom the idiocy of folk taking things from the train...safety issue first and foremost! Enjoy the tour on Wednesday

Ewan M

Another three 314s have now gone to Yoker for storage. Haven’t got the identity of the units but looks like one Saltire and two carmine and cream sets were on the move

RJMC

I’m must echo that sentiment, I’ve travelled on these trains since they took over from the 303’s on the Neilston line and they have served my little village well. They’ve handled the Snow, Wind and Rain with ease (I recall walking to The Station to get on a 314 during the “Beast from the East”) and they will be missed. This forum topic spurned me on to find out more about rail in general, all thanks to my interest in the replacement to the 314s and for that I’ll always be grateful.

On Moderation
I don't understand why scotrail don't give a 314 set to the boness srps
All very well giving one away, but does Bo’ness have space for one? They are also not exactly practical to use on preserved lines.

dmkc

All very well giving one away, but does Bo’ness have space for one? They are also not exactly practical to use on preserved lines.

I'd suggest having an EMU presents its own unique challenges and they have the 303 already

On Moderation
I'd suggest having an EMU presents its own unique challenges and they have the 303 already
Agreed; and the 303 is a rather more practical prospect as can be hauled by any air-brake loco, unlike a 314.

NorthClyde320

Does anyone know which units or class are operating todays diagrams (if they haven't changed them) that the 314's did? I had planned on visiting Central today but my plans have changed.

youngac

Does anyone know which units or class are operating todays diagrams (if they haven't changed them) that the 314's did? I had planned on visiting Central today but my plans have changed.

318s were covering two of the ex-314 daytime diagrams, not sure about the third. There was also a 380 on the Newton via Queens Park diagram that was previously done by a 318/320.

snookertam

3. Think it was 017 but may be wrong.
That is similar to the Saturday diagrams for the last while which have had a 3 car 380 in addition to the 3x4 cars on the Neilston route although that rotated through newton and circles.

On that diagram I think it might fall into the 1635 Neilston which could do with all the additional capacity going. Unless it’s a step up and not diagrammed so worth looking out tomorrow.

Ewan M

Looks as if 314215 finally departed Yoker CS for the last time today. Heading to Glasgow Works then onwards by road to the scrapyard. Should be 47727 dragging it

Status
Not open for further replies.