• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 320 refurb - two different toilet designs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotATrainspott

Established Member
Something I've noticed on the newly-refurbished Class 320 units around Glasgow is that they seem to have two different toilet designs; the first one I was ever on and most of them since have had a curved door like this: http://www.scot-rail.co.uk/photo/scaled/9282/ but I've also recently seen some others with a design more like the 334: http://www.scot-rail.co.uk/photo/scaled/12000/

It's obviously an incredibly minor point but what benefit would there be to having two completely different designs, installed in short succession, in service together?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Manchester77

Established Member
The flat door complied with old DDA when it was installed a few years ago whereas the curved one complies with current DDA guidelines set by the 2010 equality act

Eng274

Are you sure you saw two different toilet designs on 320s?

All 320 toilets are being fitted during the same overhaul programme, it wouldn't make any sense at all to change the supplier of the toilet module midway through the programme. if you were on a 318 it's possible you were looking at the current non compliant toilet design with the hinged door. Only other explanation is that you were on a 334.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The flat door complied with old DDA when it was installed a few years ago whereas the curved one complies with current DDA guidelines set by the 2010 equality act

Are curved doors mandatory on pre 2010 designs?

Last edited by a moderator:

387star

On Moderation
surprised they didn't internally refurbish the units sure they were going to..

The_Stig

The 4 car 380's have a manual sliding toilet door in the TOSL coach, perhaps this you were thinking of?

Status
Not open for further replies.