• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 365 scrap movements + preservation discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone have a storage location list for the units recently sidelined from Great Northern?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The_Train

Established Member
Really helpful list thank you.

Can I please check one thing - 365526 is listed as scrapped. I understand that 65960 and 72291 were blown up at RAF Spadeadam; and 72290 was cut up at Booths Rotherham (in GWR green!). Is 65919 still in existence though?
I have very little information on that unfortunately. I will certainly add the info you have shared here as I was unaware of what became of this unit and if anyone can help with 65919 it would be appreciated :)

Aictos

Established Member
There was a unit or a pair of units at Letchworth today, I couldn't see the unit number as I could only see the side of the train.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I have very little information on that unfortunately. I will certainly add the info you have shared here as I was unaware of what became of this unit and if anyone can help with 65919 it would be appreciated :)
The Combine Volume for this year has it listed as awaiting disposal at Wolverton works.

Aictos

Established Member
Does anyone know which pair of Class 365s are stabling at Letchworth please?

Mollman

Established Member
Belmont is a new destination for these I think?
You wouldn't happen to know which unit(s) is on 5A23 at the moment please?
Guess Crewe might be full (or they're going to get a refurb at the Plant for a new life :D)
According to RailCam the units are 516 & 524

The_Train

Established Member
Guess Crewe might be full (or they're going to get a refurb at the Plant for a new life :D)
According to RailCam the units are 516 & 524
Last pic I saw of Crewe South Yard, it looked pretty full. Or maybe Worksop are doing some rejigging to fit them in there and this is a temporary move until they can head off to there? Or, as you say, maybe off to Wabtec for a bit of conversion work - it's the in thing at the moment to convert units for freight use and there is already one earmarked for that so it's possible more will be.

Anyway, thanks for the unit numbers :)

Aictos

Established Member
365534 & 514 are the pair currently at Letchworth, both with pans raised for the first time in a while.
Thank you, from their location at the time I could only see the sides and not the front or rear.

D365

Veteran Member
Can’t be true, surely; one or two 365s moving to Derby?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.