• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 380 front numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kieranhendy

We've been having a discussion on Discord about the numbers (in red) on the front of the Class 380 units and the triangles (in green) near the roof.
1613870934659.png
My original guess was that all /0's had the number 2 and all /1's had the number 3 but I've since found an image which goes against this. As for the triangles - my assumption is that it marks out DMSO(A) or DMSO(B) to tell which end of the train is which.
I did ask about the numbers on twitter a while ago but I didn't recieve a response. (sorry for pestering the social team with it but I had hoped they might be able to point me in the right direction)

Anyway, does anyone know what the numbers might be for? Thanks

Edit: I think this might have been better in the rolling stock section but I'm not sure how to delete it :rolleyes:
Edit2: Thanks for moving it :)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

On Moderation
The triangles indicate which end the bike space is at.
Is there someone with Southern Region connections at ScotRail, I wonder? Inverted triangles indicating mail/parcels space is a very SR thing.

Geeves

Established Member
Considering each unit has two driving cabs how do you know which end is being classed as the front?

kieranhendy

Considering each unit has two driving cabs how do you know which end is being classed as the front?
Maybe its just whatever end the number is on? Like all the 3 car units (/0's) would say "2" because the toilet is never in a DMSO but I'm guessing one end of the 4 car units would say 3 and the other end would say 2. Just a guess but seems logical.

Curious, is the bike space always at the DMSO(B) end?
It is on a 380, Just like the wheelchair spaces are always at the door closest to the pantograph in the PTOSLW coach on both 3 and 4 car versions of the 380.

Status
Not open for further replies.