• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 59 Preservation Group Facebook Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesHorrell

Hello

I've Just Made a Facebook Page Called 'Class 59 Preservation Group'

So If You Have Facebook and Like Class 59's Please Feel Free To Join.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yummy125

Can someone post a pic of the 59 which got exported to "Poland" or what ever country it was. :D

To-date are all 59's working for their companies & have any been stored unserviceable.?

roebuck

So how likely is it that one could be run in preservation seeing as they are quite big.

43021HST

Established Member
So how likely is it that one could be run in preservation seeing as they are quite big.

I would love to see how true that statement is in 30 years time, anyway peaks run in preservation and they're pretty big.

Personally I couldnt care if class 59s are preserved.

The Decapod

I'm sure some 59's and 66's will be preserved one day but I can't imagine any will be sold for preservation in the foreseeble future, even if any are withdrawn as surplus they're stll valuable pieces of kit and would be stored or hired out or sold to other operators.

Last edited:

GM078

I'm sure some 59's and 66's will be preserved one day but I can't imagine any will be sold for preservation in the foreseeble future, even if any are withdrawn as surplus they're stll valuable pieces of kit and would be stored or hired out or sold to other operators.

On top of that there is no doubt a lucrative spare parts market considering similar GMs are used throughout Europe. Can't imagine one going cheap anytime soon. Not mocking the efforts of those who wish to preserve one mind, good to have the nucleus of a group set up well in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.